VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 18
FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by KurtF1 View Post
    i can't make it work using firefox 10 and latest flash version (11.x)
    i have a VERY strange problem... look at the image: on the left it's the flash folder on windows explorer, on the right it's the flash folder from edit pad lite... it's COMPLETELY different!!!
    btw, if i run the utility it says that the file is patched correctly, but the message is still there...
    I think right folder for Windows 7 64bit is C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash
    but Windows simulate folder to C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash for 32 bit programs, for more compatibility

If you run the utility, but the message "Press Esc to ..." is still there, please follow this steps:
    1) Uninstall all version of adobe flash player from Control panel -> Programs and features
    2) Download and run Uninstaller for Flash Player 32bit and 64bit version from this page.
    3) Download and install adobe flash player from adobe and run Flash "Press Esc to ..." message remover
    Last edited by roma_turok; 2nd Feb 2012 at 12:20.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by roma_turok View Post
    I think right folder for Windows 7 64bit is C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash
    but Windows simulate folder to C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash for 32 bit programs, for more compatibility

If you run the utility, but the message "Press Esc to ..." is still there, please follow this steps:
    1) Uninstall all version of adobe flash player from Control panel -> Programs and features
    2) Download and run Uninstaller for Flash Player 32bit and 64bit version from this page.
    3) Download and install adobe flash player from adobe and run Flash "Press Esc to ..." message remover
    yes, right folder is that one, but i followed your steps and still i have that message

ps. right now in that folder under syswow64 i have no .ocx... just a Flash10x.ocx.temp that i think is left from previous installation...
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    any further idea?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by KurtF1 View Post
    any further idea?
    What happens now when you run patch program and click Mozilla Firefox ?
    what message or error message?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by KurtF1 View Post
    any further idea?
    What happens now when you run patch program and click Mozilla Firefox ?
    what message or error message?
    no error message, it just says that everything is fine (can't tell you the exact message cause if i do it right now it just says that patch is already applied)
    Quote Quote  
  6. When you have opportunity, please install for test Chrome and run patch program click Google Chrome.
    write back with result

Try run patch program as administrator, with right click on file and select Run as administrator

Try replace manually by steps
    1) Install Flash 11,1,102,55 for Internet Explorer and Firefox (check that you have 11,1,102,55 version after install)
    2) Delete NPSWF32.dll, Flash11e.ocx files in location : C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash (if you have problem delete files use Unlocker)
    3) Download attached FlashPatchedFiles.zip file extract and NPSWF32.dll, Flash11e.ocx files to location : C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash

info: Firefox using NPSWF32.dll, Internet Explorer using Flash11e.ocx

if this not help, probably Flash folder in other location
    Try search for NPSWF32.dll file and replace it in other location
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by roma_turok; 8th Feb 2012 at 10:38.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    i tried again the first instruction and this time it worked
    the problem was that i closed firefox to run flash uninstaller, but i had msn live messenger running and so most of the files were still there (even if the uninstaller didn't notified me... -_-)
    so this time i manually deleted every file both in system32 and syswow64 and it worked!
    thank you very much
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    oh while i'm here, in the last few days i have this little problem on facebook (see attached image)
    could be a facebook problem or flash-related?
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Immagine.png
Views:	337
Size:	223.2 KB
ID:	10842  

Quote Quote  
  9. I don't have Facebook, so I don't know what problem displayed on image
    Try different browser like google chrome
    google chrome have built-in flash plugin
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    Instead of going through hoops to remove this message, head on over to this Adobe bug and cast your vote for this feature request. If everyone on this thread voted, we'd get this functionality into the player by default.

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3058752
    Quote Quote  
  11. 11.1.102.62, all OK!
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by theshadowrunner View Post
    11.1.102.62, all OK!
    As long code line don't changed, searched by patch program
    on ALL versions will be OK.
    Quote Quote  
  13. question: does this latest ocx file bypass the SPS / interlaced flag check ?

Really would like to know how to do that and whether hardware acceleration for bbc iplayer is possible !!
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by arthurdent5 View Post
    question: does this latest ocx file bypass the SPS / interlaced flag check ?

Really would like to know how to do that and whether hardware acceleration for bbc iplayer is possible !!
    Don't know
    but you can check for yourself.
    You can reverse changes made by automatic patch flash plugin program by simple install adobe flash plugin again
    Please check all Frequently Asked Questions on first post for more info
    Quote Quote  
  15. Thanks a lot. This just made my day.

It is nice that some people are able to fix the annoyances others build into their software.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by roma_turok View Post
    When Adobe comes out with another updated version, do I need run automatic patch flash plugin program again?
    Yes, after update.
    I assume that we need to download a new version of the patch program too.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by Frank Bertelsen View Post
    When Adobe comes out with another updated version, do I need run automatic patch flash plugin program again?
    Yes, after update.
    I assume that we need to download a new version of the patch program too.
    No. The patch program version 1.1, supposed to work on all version of flash
    Last edited by roma_turok; 16th Mar 2012 at 07:33.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by roma_turok View Post
    On future versions too? How do you know what Adobe is going to do in the future?
    Quote Quote  
  19. Originally Posted by Frank Bertelsen View Post
    On future versions too? How do you know what Adobe is going to do in the future?
    Patch program work by this steps:
    1) Search string/binary code responsible for the "press esc.." message in Flash plugin file
    2) Found target
    3) Change only founded string code responsible for message
    Quote Quote  
  20. Since a couple releases, Adobe installs a service to check for Flash Player updates
    But even if you disable "auto check for updates" in the Flash settings, the service still checks EVERY HOUR.

To remove this new crap completely, run this from command prompt:
    sc delete AdobeFlashPlayerUpdateSvc

This removes the new annoying service completely.
    Hope it helps,

TSR
    Edit: the above is valid for Flash 11.2.202.228 and 11.2.202.233 released today.
    Quote Quote  
  21. OOPS! It stopped working!
    I have been using this excellent solution for some time now with my Chrome browser, and it really worked with every new Flash update.
    Until now.
    When I try running it for the new version (11.2 r202) I get "File already patched" message, yet I see that enlightening "Press esc..." all over my full screen videos.

PLEASE F1 ME!
    Quote Quote  
  22. Originally Posted by ^F1 View Post
    OOPS! It stopped working!
    I have been using this excellent solution for some time now with my Chrome browser, and it really worked with every new Flash update.
    Until now.
    When I try running it for the new version (11.2 r202) I get "File already patched" message, yet I see that enlightening "Press esc..." all over my full screen videos.

PLEASE F1 ME!
    Exactly my point. How can anyone make a piece of software, that will patch future versions of Flash? Adobe have probably changed the coding around the message, so that a search for a specific pattern no longer works.

These things need constant attention and tweaking with every new version released, because people are going to be pissed off if something they rely on suddenly doesn't work anymore. Probably more than they were pissed of by the annoying message in the first place.
    Quote Quote  
  23. To ^F1, make sure of the path [THAT THE PATCHED FILE IS LOCATED WHERE IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE FOR YOUR BROWSER]. The patcher still works perfectly fine with the latest Flash release 202.233, at least activex.

To Frank, what the hell. Chrono made the patcher AS A COURTESY, in case you can grasp that concept. Take it or leave it.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Originally Posted by theshadowrunner View Post
    To Frank, what the hell. Chrono made the patcher AS A COURTESY, in case you can grasp that concept. Take it or leave it.
    No. When people make things like this, they are obligated to maintain it in the future, because others start to depend on it. It is called responsibility.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Originally Posted by Frank Bertelsen View Post
    Originally Posted by theshadowrunner View Post
    No. When people make things like this, they are obligated to maintain it in the future, because others start to depend on it. It is called responsibility.
    If you aren't sarcastic, I think the crack you're currently smoking is bad.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Hi !
    This is strange, since I didn't change anything from other versions.
    Anyway I looked in the first post where it says the path of the patch for Chrome is:
    C:\Users\{USERNAME}\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Ap plication\{LATESTVERSION}\gcswf32.dll

In my computer it was actually under:
    C:\Documents and Settings\{UserName}\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\Application\{VERSION}

I've tried to patch this file using the button "Other" in the patcher, but it still told me the file was already patched.

So I searched for gcswf32.dll in my computer, and I got another instance, same name same size, in location:
    C:\Documents and Settings\{UserName}\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\NPAPIFlash

Now, when I patched that file, I was successful, and was able to see my full-screen videos crystal clear again!

So all in all, keep up the good work, all the best!
    Quote Quote  
  27. Originally Posted by ^F1 View Post
    OOPS! It stopped working!
    Until now.

PLEASE F1 ME!
    On latest Chrome ver. 18.0.1025.162 and latest built chrome Flash ver. 11,2,202,229 don't have problem
    the "Press esc..." message don't displayed
    Try uninstall and install Chrome and run again flash message remove patch
    Quote Quote  
  28. For 10.0.12.36 what should be offset? and that that change?
    Quote Quote  
  29. Originally Posted by Trust View Post
    For 10.0.12.36 what should be offset? and that that change?
    Can you tell more specific?
    Cannot understand what you trying to ask.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Originally Posted by roma_turok View Post
    Originally Posted by Trust View Post
    For 10.0.12.36 what should be offset? and that that change?
    Can you tell more specific?
    Cannot understand what you trying to ask.
    I want to remove the "Press esc ..." message from the player 10.0.12.36
    what's unclear?
    Quote Quote