VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 18
FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by CHRONOMASTER View Post
    Good to hear that the "Chronopatcher ()" is still working with 10.3
    Just wanted to say thank you for that amazing app. I've been looking for a way to get rid of that message for years! The only bug I've encountered is when I'm watching Youtube, the Loading bar doesn't act like it used to. The portion that has already downloaded is not color-coded so there is no way to know how much you've downloaded. I confirmed this by using a different browser that I didn't have your app linked with and it was working as before.
    Quote Quote  
  2. With which plugin happens that? I haven't got problems with npswf32.dll (Gecko browsers, Opera, Safari), neither with .ocx file (internet explorer).

By the way, before posting, I had to update because, today/yesterday, they updated flash to 10.3.181.26. Anyway no problem with this and/or the previous version.

I'm starting to be tired with these updates. Can't we have a complete month without any security udpate?
    Quote Quote  
  3. I use firefox 4
    Quote Quote  
  4. Weird. I post my own npswf32.dll, just in case something went wrong, but should be the same as yours.

If continues, this may be a Firefox 4 behavior affecting the flash plugins what would be weirdest... I use K-meleon and Seamonkey 1.1.x (both gecko browsers, as Firefox, but older gecko engines) and no problem with YouTube.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey Chronomaster.

I had this idea that I believe would be cool. How about adding an option so when view Youtube in fullscreen the screen doesn't changes the resolution? That would be great for slow connections (like mine ).

I know there's a way of doing it when you are logged into Youtube but how about doing it for people that isn't logged into YT or they are in other website with an embedded video.

Just a tought...
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by Guazzap View Post
    Hey Chronomaster.

I had this idea that I believe would be cool. How about adding an option so when view Youtube in fullscreen the screen doesn't changes the resolution? That would be great for slow connections (like mine ).

I know there's a way of doing it when you are logged into Youtube but how about doing it for people that isn't logged into YT or they are in other website with an embedded video.

Just a tought...
    Patch to remove "Press Esc to ..." message its just remove Press Esc to ..." message in flash video.
    Automatic changes resolution on specific Youtube videos also happens without the patch.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Guazzap, you already said. It's a YouTube matter. Even if you are logged, if it is embedded, the resolution changes.

This is one of those f****** things YouTube has from when it was bought by Google. When they add features, usually useless, they break everything else. As yesterday. I don't know what the hell did, but now subscriptions, and channel comments are broken

Long story short, complain to YouTube, a site that has become pure crap.
    Quote Quote  
  8. HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!!!

I checked my version of flash and mine is 10,3,181,26

This Patch lists it for 10.2

Heres what happened.

Computer Vista 32 using IE9
    Downloaded the Patch and activated it. A screen came up that said it could not 'save the file'
    I reboted and played a video, it didn't work.
    So, I ran the program again and it worked PERFECTLY.

So, for novices like myself, I suggest you download the file, activate it and if you don't get a screen saying the file HAS been saved then reboot and open the folder and run it again. You should get the message that the file has been saved successfully.
    Test the results with any youtube video.

THANKS FOR THIS PATCH, I've been so darn tired of that annoying message!!!

Rich
    Last edited by Rich1281; 25th Jun 2011 at 12:17. Reason: updated info
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by Rich1281 View Post
    When Adobe comes out with another updated version will this terminate this fix?

Thanks.
    Yes, just run again patch fix after update
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by Rich1281 View Post
    Computer Vista 32 using IE9
    Downloaded the Patch and activated it. A screen came up that said it could not 'save the file'
    I reboted and played a video, it didn't work.
    So, I ran the program again and it worked PERFECTLY.
    About this I would like to say something.

The adobe flash installer, by default, sets the .ocx file (it doesn't set for npswf32.dll, the plugin for Opera, Gecko browsers and Safari) with useless security permission in the way to deny to ALL USERS to modify the file and also sets the file to read only.

Probably they do this to make this "harder" for crackers but, as I said, this is useles... is not a bad measure but useless on a compromised system. Remember that the best threats firewall is the one between the chair and the keyboard.

To avoid a reboot, you can just remove the "All users" and the "anonymous logon" deny rules, or modify and reset them again. Then remove the read only attribute of the file, and apply the patch. Then, if you want, as I said, you can restore the permissions.

This is the same procedure as reboot, but without reboot
    Quote Quote  
  11. New version 10.3.181.34. No problems.
    Quote Quote  
  12. I’m just stopping by to checkup on stuff.

roma_turok, thanks for updating the program to reflect the current 10.3.x version number, this is one of the reasons I like to add the source code.

I have been swamped with work since I started college to get my degree in Computer Programming.
    This is the reason I haven’t been by for a while, if there is a issue that needs to be fixed just PM me.
    Last edited by CHRONOMASTER; 29th Jul 2011 at 22:22.
    Quote Quote  
  13. And 10.3.183.5 is patched perfectly as well
    Quote Quote  
  14. hey Chronomaster

would it be possible to make the same fix for silverlight (netflix)?
    Quote Quote  
  15. Happy to report the Chronopatcher works flawlessly on Flash Player 11rc too!
    Quote Quote  
  16. Adobe changed the path to the manual Flash Player installer, starting with version 11.x
    The new paths are:

Adobe Flash Player 11.0.1.152 x32 [Internet Explorer]
    http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/win/install_flash_p...ve_x_32bit.exe

Adobe Flash Player 11.0.1.152 x64 [Internet Explorer]
    http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/win/install_flash_p...ve_x_64bit.exe

Adobe Flash Player 11.0.1.152 x32 [Firefox, Safari, Opera]
    http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/win/install_flash_p...ugin_32bit.exe

Adobe Flash Player 11.0.1.152 x64 [Firefox, Safari, Opera]
    http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/win/install_flash_p...ugin_64bit.exe

As with Flash Player 11 beta, I'm happy to report the patcher does a wonderful job on release 11.0.1.152
    Quote Quote  
  17. I installed the patch for flash player 11 (the version which in installed on my system) but the annoying message persists
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by snakex View Post
    I installed the patch for flash player 11 (the version which in installed on my system) but the annoying message persists
    What you flash patch for Internet Explorer or Mozila Firefox?
    Last edited by roma_turok; 22nd Oct 2011 at 09:37.
    Quote Quote  
  19. What exactly happens when you patch?

(Assuming you are trying with Internet Explorer activex, continue reading)

Try setting inherit permissions from parent folder or play with permissions as I told few post above If you don't do it, at least on my system, requires to reboot if you don't change permissions.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Yes, I use explorer (version 9).
    I didn't understand how to set permissions, so reboot the pc.
    The patch was installed correctly and, also after reboot, the message continues to appear
    Windows 7 Home remium 32 bit
    Explorer 9.0
    Quote Quote  
  21. Then, is not replaced on reboot.

I'll attach a .bat file to remove the denying permissions and let you apply the patch without reboot. If it doesn't work (windows Vista or 7), edit the bat file with notepad and replace cacls with icacls. Save, and re-run. Should work.

Apply the patcher. Should work without more problems.

Report any further errors, as I'm assuming you are using XP english version.

Note for Chronomaster: if it is not hard, to avoid these problems, the patcher should try to replace/set permissions by its own for the Internet Explorer activex. It will avoid a reboot and/or failure on patching (and problems for not tech users).

Forget the above note. I didn't remember it was discussed on page 5
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by vididex; 22nd Oct 2011 at 15:30. Reason: clearing things :)
    Quote Quote  
  22. All OK with 11.1.102.55 as usual, so much suspense!
    Chrono you really rule
    Quote Quote  
  23. Yes, and continues the broken hardware acceleration.

In my case, from 11.x, I don't know what Adobe did to the plugin, but I lost it :/ Do you still have it with, for example, a YouTube video at fullscreen?

I don't know if it is my OS (even happens in 2000 and XP) or my graphic card (Nvidia 7600GT) but I lost it
    Quote Quote  
  24. vididex, you mean the patcher breaks hardware acceleration? or even the virgin plugin 11.x breaks hardware acceleration for you?

Hardware acceleration seem to be working fine here (0~4% CPU on youtube 1080p video), but do you have a way to verify for sure?

I'm using Win XP SP3. Geforce 8500GT.
    Quote Quote  
  25. No, no, not at all, the plugin itself, without any patch.

I haven't other way to verify. Where can I test it beyond YouTube? (other video hostings with flash players don't seem to have it enabled, maybe Vimeo).

You "open" the information "popup" (right click on a YouTube video and select "show video info") and you'll see what I mean.

Before the 11.x, from 10.2.x, in normal mode (just the player in the page), the video has software acceleration, in full screen, it changes to hardware acceleration.

Well, now, it should change to hardware, but in my system, with 11.x, when I switch, it displays that is still using software acceleration and I can confirm but just feel how my CPU goes to the top and the video stops going smooth.

If it is a problem of drivers, even in Windows 2000 (my default system) can be possible to install the latests, is not very recommendable. More than improve performance, almost decreases.
    Quote Quote  
  26. I see what you mean (context menu: show video info) and can confirm it's still ok with XP.
    With hardware acceleration ENABLED:
    - in Windowed mode: software video rendering, accelerated video decoding
    - in Fullscreen mode: accelerated video rendering, accelerated video decoding

With hardware acceleration DISABLED:
    - in Windowed mode: software video rendering, software video decoding
    - in Fullscreen mode: software video rendering, software video decoding

No surprise here, using nVidia drivers 285.58 WHQL.
    Hope it helps somehow,

TSR
    Quote Quote  
  27. Originally Posted by theshadowrunner View Post
    I see what you mean (context menu: show video info) and can confirm it's still ok with XP.
    With hardware acceleration ENABLED:
    - in Windowed mode: software video rendering, accelerated video decoding
    - in Fullscreen mode: accelerated video rendering, accelerated video decoding
    Looks it works for you :/ because I have enabled it too.

But I dig and found a link in the bugtracker and looks like, according to release notes and unsupported chipsets, I have the worst combination, as the new hardware acceleration is a known issue with a system with VIA chipsets:
    http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/919/cpsid_91932.html#main_known_issues

And the requirements say that there are needed drivers from January 1, 2009:
    http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/921/cpsid_92103.html

I hate it because, if it doesn't work, I'll spend an hour of safe installing/uninstalling drivers, but I'll try to test the latest "barely" working Nvidia driver version I had here, 257.21. It worked, but did strange things and probably was missing the classic control panel :S (I can't remember that now).

I can't do anything with VIA chipsets.

EDIT: looks like the 257.21 version of the drivers enable the hardware acceleration with flash :/ As I already spent 1 hour and as I broke the classic control panel, I'll try if the latest (285.58) support Windows 2000 yet. The paradox is that according to the readme.txt, it is a previous version, 256.10 for 257.21 and 256 for 285.58...

EDIT2: I finally spent few hours testing all versions I could, because 285.58 couldn't be installed (because the installer and didn't recognized the .inf driver definition files) and I remembered why I really don't use 257.21: the TV-out, doesn't work and hardware overly couldn't be selected by players, so it's not a "valid" version for me as I use TV-out quite often. Can't be selected PAL properly, ever switched to NTSC (that is not the standard in my country, causing undesired results). And the conclusions I got is that I prefer to have a driver version prior to flash 11 requirements, instead having a driver version that is broken (some tv-out problems, some control panel problems, some, purely uncontrollable).

So... bye, bye, hardware acceleration in flash.
    Last edited by vididex; 12th Nov 2011 at 12:50.
    Quote Quote  
  28. At last!! Thanx Chrono, Beautiful solution!
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search PM
    i can't make it work using firefox 10 and latest flash version (11.x)
    i have a VERY strange problem... look at the image: on the left it's the flash folder on windows explorer, on the right it's the flash folder from edit pad lite... it's COMPLETELY different!!!
    btw, if i run the utility it says that the file is patched correctly, but the message is still there...
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Immagine.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	413.4 KB
ID:	10765  

Quote Quote