VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 18
FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by fadol View Post
    1.04 doesnt work with the new chrome Version 22.0.1229.79 m

says unable to find flash
    Thats funny I just had the same problem. It says "Unable to find Adobe flash for Google Chrome"

I used the other button and patched this file:
    C:\Users\{USERNAME}\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Ap plication\22.0.1229.79\PepperFlash\pepflashplayer. dll

And that worked for me...
    Last edited by Arcee; 28th Sep 2012 at 02:24.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Updated my program to v1.05 (Link)

The problem was a logic error in my program.
    The error was the result of Google removing the gcswf32.dll file in this update of Chrome.

v1.05 9/28/2012
    • Fix - Fixed a logic error in my code. Patch for Google Chrome v22.0.1229.79 now working.
    Last edited by CHRONOMASTER; 28th Sep 2012 at 02:32.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Why not patch the file C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash\Flash64_11_4_40 2_287.ocx?
    I use Internet Explorer 64 bit. or is it impossible?
    Quote Quote  
  4. There is a small issue with that.

My program can patch that file, but the 32bit exe cannot access that folder as the path gets translated to 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\' by windows.

I can use the 64bit option when I compile the script, but then that exe won't work on 32bit windows and it would only auto patch the 64bit folder for IE and FF (until I code it for both 64&32bit folders) but I have not had a request for 64bit support yet.

If you want me to make a separate 64bit exe let me know.

If you don't feel like waiting, you can move the file to your desktop and patch it there using the 'Other' option.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by CHRONOMASTER View Post
    If you don't feel like waiting, you can move the file to your desktop and patch it there using the 'Other' option.
    Thank you. everything works fine.
    Quote Quote  
  6. That 'Press Esc...' banner has been annoying me a looong time.
    Last time, this morning...
    Finally got around to do a search, to see if it may be possible to turn it off somehow, and ended up here.
    Just tried out this program, and the excitement of seeing that old annoying banner gone is just GREAT!!!
    Had to sign up to this forum just to express a big THANKS for that great piece of clever work!!
    Quote Quote  
  7. 42
    Last edited by p1r473; 6th May 2013 at 00:57.
    Quote Quote  
  8. That message would mean that the uninstall information in the registry for google chrome that I use to get information (version and folder path) is missing or invalid.

Try to uninstall then reinstall google chrome to fix this issue (you do NOT need to remove your browser data).
    Quote Quote  
  9. 42
    Last edited by p1r473; 6th May 2013 at 00:57.
    Quote Quote  
  10. I need to check a registry value that hold your install path for google chrome.
    Save the attachment to you desktop and run it.

A log file will be created in the same place of the exe.
    PM me or post the log file here.

- Attachment Removed - No longer needed -
    Last edited by CHRONOMASTER; 15th Nov 2012 at 01:20.
    Quote Quote  
  11. CHRONOMASTER, thank you so much for providing this tool! It makes watching NBA league pass so much nicer.

Note that I'm also using Chrome under 64 bit Windows (Win8), and getting the "Unable to find Google Chrome" error. The solution, as mentioned before, is to patch the latest pepflashplayer.dll file. The problem is that every time Google updates the browser they create a new folder. Here are the ones on my installation:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\22.0.1229.79\Peppe rFlash\pepflashplayer.dll
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\22.0.1229.92\Peppe rFlash\pepflashplayer.dll
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\22.0.1229.94\Peppe rFlash\pepflashplayer.dll
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\23.0.1271.64\Peppe rFlash\pepflashplayer.dll

Would you consider enhancing the patcher to recursively search under %ProgramFiles(x86)%\Google\Chrome\Application\ for all instances of pepflashplayer.dll and patching each one (or the latest one)?

Another suggestion: Add an option (via this forum or the app itself) to donate via Paypal. I'd be happy to donate, and I'm sure many others will too.

Thanks again for your great work!
    Quote Quote  
  12. Updated my program to v1.06 (Link)

v1.06 11/14/2012
    • Fix - Fixed the detection of Google Chrome that has been recently (re)installed, due to the changes Google made to the installer.

Yirg, Thank you for your input. Normally the path to the latest version of chrome is obtained through the registry, but a recent update to the chrome installer stopped adding the specific reg key I was using. I am now using the same reg key, but in a different location.

As for the paypal donate button, I need to call paypal and get some answers to some questions I have first.
    Till then, I will PM you a email address that you can send a donation via paypal to.
    Any amount will be greatly appreciated.

Keep in mind that paypal will take $0.30 and 2.9% of your donation as a transaction fee
    if you pay using a Credit/Debit Card.
    Last edited by CHRONOMASTER; 20th Nov 2012 at 14:13.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Fantastic! Thank you so much for fixing this.

P.S.
    I just donated
    Quote Quote  
  14. Not a problem, I intend to keep this patcher working as long as possible.

Thank you for your donation.
    Every donation large and small helps.
    Quote Quote  
  15. This upload for CHRONOMASTER to look on error in windows 8
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  16. @Chronomaster:
    Hi and first, thanks for all...

I'm working on a webcast in Paris and sometimes we need to broadcast some video from the web in fullscreen mode and this stupid message (with no option from adobe to remove it) is painful.

I'm maybe stupid but your tricks didn't work with us!

We are on mac, we've done all the process (on Windows 7 via bootcamp) but your program didn't recognize our file "FlashPlayer-10.6".

We also tried on PC (same version/Windows 7-64 bit) and after your patch Flash is broken/same on mac... We use I'm think the latest version of "flash 11.5.502.110" and "Flash Fullscreen Patcher v1.06".

Any idea ? Thanks again...

In attachement, the "original" Mac FlashPlayer file:
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by edonline; 21st Nov 2012 at 21:26.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by edonline View Post
    @Chronomaster:
    Hi and first, thanks for all...

I'm working on a webcast in Paris and sometimes we need to broadcast some video from the web in fullscreen mode and this stupid message (with no option from adobe to remove it) is painful.

I'm maybe stupid but your tricks didn't work with us!

We are on mac, we've done all the process (on Windows 7 via bootcamp) but your program didn't recognize our file "FlashPlayer-10.6".

We also tried on PC (same version/Windows 7-64 bit) and after your patch Flash is broken/same on mac... We use I'm think the latest version of "flash 11.5.502.110" and "Flash Fullscreen Patcher v1.06".

Any idea ? Thanks again...

In attachement, the "original" Mac FlashPlayer file:
    Did you follow this instructions?
    Quote Quote  
  18. Updated my program to v1.07 (Link)

Looks like Adobe added/updated some code for the 'Press Esc' message for Windows 8.

v1.07 11/22/2012
    • Added - Supports Adobe Flash for Windows 8.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Updated my program to v1.08 (Link)

Fixed the Flash file ownership and permissions preventing the file from being saved in Windows 8.

v1.08 11/23/2012
    • Fix - Fixed Flash file ownership and permissions in Windows 8.
    Quote Quote  
  20. @edonline

I took a look at your attachment and found the problem.
    There has been a change since I made the instructions.

< Inaccurate information removed to avoid confusion >

Question: What is your Mac OS version (10.6?) and is it 64 or 32bit?
    Last edited by CHRONOMASTER; 27th Nov 2012 at 17:35.
    Quote Quote  
  21. @Chronomaster, tks for your answer.

All our Macs are 64bit on the latest operating system (Mountain Lion 10.8.2), with the latest flash plug-in (version 11.5.502.110).

The Mac we use for broadcast (on wich we want to remove this stupid watermark) is a Macbook Pro Retina, and I double check what we take:
    FlashPlayer-{Your Mac OS Version}.plugin goto Contents > MacOS

I make a .zip file to upload here, but the original file we obtain is not an archive (any extension just "FlashPlayer-10.6") or I don't know wich format, I can't enter the file, I didn't see any packet...

"Strange you said strange"
    Image Attached Images  
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  22. @edonline

Sorry about that, when I opened the file in 7zip I thought it was a standard archive.

The compression reported by 7zip is type: mub
    7zip can only extract from this type.

After looking at the file header I found the hex 0xCAFEBABE which tells me it is a Java class file or a Mach-O universal object file.
    Next, I found the hex 0xCEFAEDFE that confirms that this is a type of a Mach-O file used by Apple.

From that information I now know this file is a Fat Binary (Multi-Architecture Binary)

This may take a while to figure out.
    Last edited by CHRONOMASTER; 26th Nov 2012 at 09:23.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Hi Chrono,

Please find attach the complete plugin found in /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/Flash Player.plugin (just zip).

It's the Flash plugin mac version 11.5.502.110 it's maybe help you ?
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  24. Updated my program to v2.00 (Link)

Fixed Mac OS flash file support.
    The program will now autopatch 64-bit Flash.

v2.00 11/27/2012
    • Add - Program will now patch 64-bit Flash as well when you choose IE or FF.
    • Fix - Fixed patching of the Mac OS flash player.
    • Add - Added the file mask for the Mac OS flash player to the Open and Save dialog box.
    • Add - Displays the current processing stage while patching.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Not working in Chrome Version 23.0.1271.95 m (Win7 64-bit) anymore

Flash patcher 2.0 simply says "Unable to find Google Chrome".
    Quote Quote  
  26. @zAlbee

Tested and working on my system, Win7 64-bit with Chrome v23.0.1271.95 m, before and after reinstalling Chrome.

There must be an anomaly with your install of Google Chrome.

Try reinstalling Chrome, and let me know if it fixes the problem or not.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Hmm... I manually patched it by choosing "Other" and navigating to my pepper flash directory. This worked. So I don't plan on re-installing Google Chrome.

My Flash location is "C:\Users\zAlbee\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Applic ation\23.0.1271.95\PepperFlash\pepflashplayer.dll"
    Quote Quote  
  28. zAlbee, That message would only appear if the path registry entry is missing or invalid.
    Can you run this and PM me the resulting FlashPatchDebug.reg on your desktop (if created).
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  29. No file is created. Also, the registry entry you're looking for (under HKLM) is not existing in my registry. However this one exists:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Uninstall\Google Chrome

EDIT: PM sent.
    Quote Quote