VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am encoding a film I'm working on as an H.264 in an mp4 container from Premiere CS4. I need it to playback on a Popcorn Hour A110 and pass a 5.1 audio stream through an optical link to be decoded in a surround receiver. The problem with Premiere is that if you encode H.264/mp4 you can only select an AAC file as your audio format. Is there a simple program I can use to join an H.264 with a 5.1 DTS, AC3, or LPCM audio file? Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. mp4muxer for mp4, mkvmerge for mkv, tsmuxer for m2ts

You're probaby better off using mkv or m2ts, not all programs and devices can play ac3 or dts in .mp4 container
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks, mkvmerge works great. Now I have another problem, however. My media player has yet to implement support for greater than 2 channel audio in a .wav format. Is there a tool which allows conversion of 5.1 channel .wav to .ac3 or DTS? I've tried BeSweet and it doesnt report errors, but it doesn't generate a file.
    Quote Quote  
  4. eac3to, behappy, foobar2000 (if you download the plugins), avisynth + soundout, many more

for dts, you need surcode (not free) separately, and 6 mono wavs; or you can do this with eac3to+surcode as well using a single wav
    Quote Quote