VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,

I'm new to this program.

I'm using ffmpegx on Mac.

I'm trying to convert .wmv to .mov so it can be easily editable in iMovie. However when I convert it to .mov the audio is completely out of sync from the start. The video looks choppy but audio sounds clear so it seems like it's the video quality/frame-rates that are giving me issues.

What do I output it to?

It is 320 x 240, 22.92 FPS, data rate: 1871.53 kps, length: 15:25 (MM:SS)

I searched but can't find a relevant thread (and feedback on semi-relevant threads didn't work for me)
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ".MOV" is not specific enough. What kind of mov? MPEG4? Divx? What output parameters did you select? And what playback software did you use to evaluate the result?

And post the contents of the progress logfile (click on the blue "i" in the Progress pane ).
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I suppose the ".mov" is MPEG-4 (part 2)/AAC, as per ffmpegX preset.
    For easy editing in iMovie your should convert to DV, as that is iMovie's native file format.
    iMovie will use a higher resolution than 320x240, so your output will be scaled up to SD (720x480), having an effect on visual quality.
    iMovie will use a higher framerate (29.97 fps), so the conversion will add frames, which wil make it a bit choppy.

For syncing, first try activating Decode with QuickTime (a checkbox in the Options tab). This option requires that QuickTime is able to read your source file, so install Flip4Mac, if you haven't already done so.
    Quote Quote