VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    My hard drive crashed and I restored everything, but now my dvd shrink 3.2 does not work. It crashes and I get the Data Execution Prevention. I disabled it to allow the program to work. It worked once and then no more. I know if DEP notices a program on the computer using memory incorrectly, it closes the program and notifies me. Well dvd shrink no longer works. Any ideas to get this program work? I tried using nero and other program, but I am having trouble with the compression.

Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I've never had any problems with Vista Ultimate and Shrink. I have it on two systems. I would uninstall it, then select "Run as Administrator' when you re-install and see if that helps. As an alternative, you can use DVD Rebuilder. It encodes, so it takes quite a bit longer, but the quality may be better, especially with DVDs that require more 'shrinking' to fit.

You can also disable DEP for any program in the Control Panel.
    Click to open System.

Click Advanced System Settings. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Under Performance, click Settings.

Click the Data Execution Prevention tab, and then click Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select

And you might consider using TweakUAC to manage the UAC. http://www.tweak-uac.com/home/

Be aware that changing either of those may compromise your computer security. I would suggest you use good antivirus, antitrojan programs and add a software firewall like Comodo or similar to restore the security.
    Quote Quote