VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi
    When I add an extra file folder to a DVD, my player attempts to play the contents as a slide show rather than play the video_ts folder. Is there a folder name I can use in which the player will not recognize and will simply play the video?

Thanks in advance
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The DVD player should only see the video_ts folder and ignore anything else.

You structure should be

video_ts
    audio_ts (optional in most cases, but included for completeness)

data can then be stored in any other folder at this level, or as files at this level.

I suspect that you are burning the disc as data, not as a DVD Video disc, which is confusing your player. What are you burning with ?
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. hi guns1inger

I burn with imageburn. The DVD plays fine in my Philips and LG, but not in my Samsung. The Samsung seems to prioritize the additional folder and plays the contained pictures as a slide show. Do you know the name of the folder that some softwares create when they add additional folders on DVD?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It can be called anything at all. There is no standard for external content.

When you burn, do you use Build mode, and select the Video_TS folder ?
    Are you using the latest version of Imgburn ?
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have been adding data folders to a recent project. I burn with the current version of ImgBurn using "Build Mode", and I have it set up to add an AUDIO_TS folder. I remember reading here that it is important to select the VIDEO_TS folder first, and data folders last to ensure compatibility with all DVD players. It seems to work.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Selecting the Video_TS folder first tells Imgburn that you are creating a DVD Video file. The latest version double checks to make sure you have the correct settings and changes them if necessary. After that you can add what you like. I have created projects with multiple folders of data - MP3 versions of the sound track in one folders, still images in another, and supporting documentation in pdf format in a third. All played back with no issue on multiple players.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Hi Again
    It appears your right guns1inger. I just let TMPGenc create its own extra folder with its slide show feature. It simply used PICTURE as the addition folder....nothing special. The problem I'm having must be a isolated issue with Samsung. The imageburn I use is the latest and I did add the video_ts/audio_ts folders first.

any more thoughts?
    Quote Quote