VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    can I assume that when passthrough is selected, that the various settings in the Audio Parameters section can be ignored? I see the "encode audio" checkbox is still active too, do I need to uncheck that?
    I'm looking for the best way to make sure audio stays at least as good as the original without more resampling and processing.
    Or do I have the wrong idea there entirely?
    Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by anilty
    can I assume that when passthrough is selected, that the various settings in the Audio Parameters section can be ignored?
    Yes.

I see the "encode audio" checkbox is still active too, do I need to uncheck that?
    Leave it checked if you want audio in your output file.

I'm looking for the best way to make sure audio stays at least as good as the original without more resampling and processing. Or do I have the wrong idea there entirely?
    There will be some quality loss when converting from one codec to another lossy codec. But this effect is minimal, and may be undetectable to the listener.
    That being said, some formats require certain codecs and parameters, so passthrough may not be a valid option, depending on what you are trying to do.
    Quote Quote