VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    anybody can answer this one?----1st off,i have windows xp--i just bought a kodak m820 digital picture frame,and a sony dcr-hc52 mini dv camcorder--the kodak frame plays videos--the videos have to be in MOV,AVI,MPEG1,or MPEG4 format---the only video program i have is "windows movie maker"---it saves the videos from my camcorder in WMV format,so i can not transfer the video to my kodak frame--so my question is,anybody know a video program that will save my videos from my camcorder in "MOV,AVI,MPEG1,or MPEG4"format?--of course the 1st thing i tried was "video format converter" programs--they dont seem to work--they appear to change the WMV format to MOV,but when i load the movie into my kodak frame,it says "file not supported"---i know my kodak frame will accept true MOV format videos,because i found a MOV video on the internet,saved it,and loaded it right into my kodak frame and it worked----so thats my question-***does anybody know a video program that will save videos from my sony camcorder in true MOV or AVI or MPEG1 or MPEG4 format,so i can load them into my kodak frame?*** i sure would be grateful to u--thnx,Mike................................p.s.--now i have also tried WinDV,which captures the video right from my camcorder and saves it AVI type1 or AVI type2--i made a 20 second video and saved it in both AVI types--loaded them both into my kodak frame,but same thing,when the frame tried to play the video,the frame just says "format not supported"
    Quote Quote  
  2. there are lots of video encoding guis in the tools section. you might try avidemux or handbrake to encode the avis you get when capturing with windv into mpeg-4.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I would suggest:

1. Open and edit in WMM.
    2. Save/Export, but NOT as WMV, but DV-AVI (type1).
    3. Download and Install XVID video codec, Lame mp3 audio codec, and MediaCoder converting app (if MC doesn't already include these in its install)
    4. Convert you DV-AVI to an AVI or MP4 format using the XVID & LAME MP3 codecs.

Should look and sound good. However, you may have to test excerpt with different target bitrates to find the sweet spot of quality + smooth playback.

Scott
    Quote Quote