VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have about 100 little avi clips I'd like to produce a DVD from. Preferably, when complete, there would be 100 chapters; one for each video. While playing, I'd like it to simply go from one to the next automatically.

I was going to use DVDFlick, but it maxes out at 50 from what I can tell. The quality of these is pretty low, so I'm not worried about maintaining perfection here. The total size of the files is 4.1G. I was hoping to get them all on one dual layer disc if possible.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    THe total size of the avi file does not matter when you are converting to dvd-video, ONLY the total running time. So what is it? If too many hours it will look like crap with all tools.

You can also try convertxtodvd.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Looks like that leaves a watermark unless you buy it. Thanks for the link anyway.

The runtime is probably 200m or so.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    200 minutes is a push for a single layer disc, but OK for a DL disc. If you must go single layer then consider half-D1 resolution.

DVD Flick is free and allows you to put multiple files into a single title, and will put chapter stops at the start of each clip for you.

I believe the DVD specification limits you to a maximum of 99 chapters per title, so if you have more than 99 clips you may have to split them into two or more titles.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Heh, did you read the 2nd paragraph of my original post?
    Quote Quote  
  6. File size = bitrate * running time

That give you around 5500 kbps to work with. Use a bitrate calculator for more exact values.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Airjrdn
    I have about 100 little avi clips I'd like to produce a DVD from. Preferably, when complete, there would be 100 chapters; one for each video.
    Originally Posted by guns1inger
    I believe the DVD specification limits you to a maximum of 99 chapters per title, so if you have more than 99 clips you may have to split them into two or more titles.
    or lose/merge a video

Heh, did you read the 2nd paragraph of my original post?
    I was going to use DVDFlick, but it maxes out at 50 from what I can tell.
    Which many times translates into "I took a glance at it, but didn't actually try it to test" or "I don't know how to do it." He was probably going by what you implied.
    Quote Quote  
  8. No, I actually built an iso out of it, with 50 files. The resulting .iso wouldn't play with VLC, but ImgBurn burned it, at which point, nothing would play it then either.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Always out put to a Video_TS folder, not an ISO. Do not trust VLC to play ISO files correctly any more - it seems to have become somewhat hit and miss. If you want a free solution, DVD Flick is about it for joining files together nicely.Perhaps you need to create smaller videos, then use PGCEdit to ensure sequential playback of the titles.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote