VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Has anyone got a dvd hack for a Phillips HTS3011 please? I have a lot of dvds from USA I`d like to watch.
    Also is it true that you can only change to another region a few times before it sticks on the last region you used?
    Thanks in advance!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    There is nothing listed in the DVD Hacks section. I would suggest you take it back and get a player that is already region free.

As for limits to the number of times you can change regions - that is a restriction built into DVD burners for computers. For standalone DVD players it is normal practice to changes them once to play all regions, and not have to worry about it again.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Hollywood has gotten to almost everybody who makes a DVD player and convinced them to stop making region free players. Even Philips, who just a few years ago didn't seem to make any players that couldn't be hacked, has fallen into line with the wishes of Hollywood. Incredibly enough, Hollywood is actually stupid enough to think that preventing multi-region players will somehow stop piracy when in fact it will certainly lead to even more piracy as people outside of region 1 will no longer be able to play region 1 DVDs. They will simply turn to other methods of getting these movies without paying for them.

Note that even if you find a way to hack your player into region free mode, some region 1 DVD use RCE to prevent playback in region free DVD players. For these discs you will have to set the player in region 1 mode to play them.
    Quote Quote