VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    When i rent or buy a movie from Blockbuster, Hollywood video etc, and i play the movie on my PC using Windows Media Player 11 or Real Player no matter what i do, i cannot remove the letterbox format, i do not like the letterbox format. With my stand alone player it can be removed, but i can't do it on my PC. Does anybody know what software i can use that has the option of removing the letterbox, format? Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    VLC, MPC, The KM Player. Probably everything except Window Media Player, really. Although why you would want to throw away so much of the image is a mystery to me. When you go to the cinema, do you put a box around your face to make the image square ?
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by guns1inger
    VLC, MPC, The KM Player. Probably everything except Window Media Player, really. Although why you would want to throw away so much of the image is a mystery to me. When you go to the cinema, do you put a box around your face to make the image square ?
    To answer the question without trying to offend you like some,

Are you wanting to make it pan and scan which takes away the sides or are you wanting to stretch the image? If you have a widescreen monitor, this will fill the screen.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Anakin

Are you wanting to make it pan and scan which takes away the sides or are you wanting to stretch the image? If you have a widescreen monitor, this will fill the screen.
    I am looking to pan and scan, and as far as the guns1inger guy is concerned, it's easy to offend when your behind a computer screen. But to answer his question my monitor is to small to enjoy letterbox. At least he gave me options as well as the insult. Thanks for responding Anakin!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Chala
    But to answer his question my monitor is to small to enjoy letterbox.
    Sit closer.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM

Turns out i already have power DVD which does everything i need, thanks Anakin, as far as the other two members i have no comment, and i am being nice
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I thought I asked a valid question. if you were offended by it, I feel sorry for your thin skin.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I thought I asked a valid question. if you were offended by it, I feel sorry for your thin skin.
    Tell me how you feel when you see me kid!
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    guns1inger, I have seen your posts on here for a while and until now I have kept quiet. You are very knowledgable and no one will deny that, but stop talkin to people as if they are stupid and below you.

You are not above anyone here so please stop talking down to people to build up your own ego. People are getting sick of it. We are all here for the same reason and that is discuss digital video, not to be mocked and made to look stupid by you.
    Jagabo, please do not reply to this post. Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Chala

Turns out i already have power DVD which does everything i need, thanks Anakin, as far as the other two members i have no comment, and i am being nice
    That is great to hear
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    guns1inger, I have seen your posts on here for a while and until now I have kept quiet. You are very knowledgable and no one will deny that, but stop talkin to people as if they are stupid and below you.

You are not above anyone here so please stop talking down to people to build up your own ego. People are getting sick of it. We are all here for the same reason and that is discuss digital video, not to be mocked and made to look stupid by you.
    Anakin thanks for sticking up for me, but like i said, he is behind a computer screen, he would not talk to me like that in person, nor probably to anyone else for that matter.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Exactly what reality do you clowns live in

Quote Quote