VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Before anything else I would like to tell you that I have searched.( for hours )
    Has anything happened in converting VFR video to CFR? All the topics I have looked at are from 2007 or earlier.
    Is the only way still to use AVIsynth?
    I have read that you can use Media Info to tell if a video is VFR or not but I am not sure how to read it.

And I also had the question of why it is so complicated to do. If you have a VFR DVD and you rip it will it not come out as CFR?
    Anime that is 23.976 FPS has been played on NTSC 29.76 fine for year without problems hasn't it?

Sorry for all the questions, but I haven't been able to find answers to them.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It would be more helpful to know exactly what you are trying to do (and why). If you are trying to make a DVD, for instance, and you are having a particular problem.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I mainly want to take VFR MKV's and convert to AVI so I can play them on a standalone or PS3.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You might be able to use MKV2VOB to create VOB files from the MKVs that will play on the PS3. (Note - they're not DVD-compliant, though, so you can't just re-author them into a DVD-Video disc. But the PS3 should generally play them (MKV2VOB was a utility created for the PS3, as I recall.)

If you want to convert, you might have decent luck with megui, Handbrake, or Xvid4PSP (using the PS3 profiles, if you do want to convert for the PS3 - otherwise... ).
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote