VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I have ripped Hancock and I am trying to make a DivX. Have got to the part where I add Forced Subs which I found using VobSub.

Now, the problem is, in the DVD which I have checked, the first forced sub is an asian guy saying "Hancock" which happens at 3 minutes in. When I go to add the forced subs in VDub, this line doesnt appear until 5 mins. I have chekced in subresync and it is showing all the subs 2 mins after. I have tried reripping with several tools but nothing is changing the placement. But when I play the DVD structure that I have ripped, the forced subtitles appear where they should be. This is very confusing to me.

Any ideas?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Been trying different things most of night. Am totally confused.
    Jagabo, please do not reply to this post. Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Anakin
    Any ideas?
    Adjust the delay to put them back in synch.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by manono
    Originally Posted by Anakin
    Any ideas?
    Adjust the delay to put them back in synch.
    The audio was not delayed, so I can not understand why the subs are delayed. And not by a few seconds, but at least 2 mins. I would like to know exactly what is causing this issue.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Anakin
    I would like to know exactly what is causing this issue.
    It's almost certainly the result of an improper decrypt. But you didn't say exactly how you decrypted it, so I won't venture a guess as to what you did wrong. After all, it's a Sony Pictures DVD. Why worry about it and beat your head against a wall for hours on end when you can fix it (if you know the amount of the delay) in less than a minute?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Anakin
    I would like to know exactly what is causing this issue.
    It's almost certainly the result of an improper decrypt. But you didn't say exactly how you decrypted it, so I won't venture a guess as to what you did wrong. After all, it's a Sony Pictures DVD. Why worry about it and beat your head against a wall for hours on end when you can fix it (if you know the amount of the delay) in less than a minute?
    It almost certainly isn't I am afraid.

DVD Fab 5
    Any DVD
    Any DVD + DVD Shrink.

And I do not know the delay, dunno how to find out.
    Quote Quote  
  7. What do you mean you don't know? You already said it's 2 minutes after the dialog. Narrow it down more precisely and then add that delay to the subs.

And it's a decrypting problem, no matter what you say. There just isn't any other choice for where it went wrong.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    What do you mean you don't know? You already said it's 2 minutes after the dialog. Narrow it down more precisely and then add that delay to the subs.

And it's a decrypting problem, no matter what you say. There just isn't any other choice for where it went wrong.
    How else would you rip it?

If it was a decrypting problem, the DVD structure I have ripped to the PC would also display the subs out of sync, which it isn't. The subs have delay, that is the problem. No matter which way I rip, encode etc, the delay will be the same.
    Quote Quote  
  9. I already said I'd fix the subtitle delay rather than wasting hours and hours as you've done. I don't have Hancock. I've never played around decrypting it properly. Just for starters, though, I'd decrypt the movie only using DVDFab HD Decrypter followed by running it through FixVTS.

To get the subs back in synch, play them along with the AVI. Adjust the synch until they play correctly. Then use them when making the AVI again. Are these VobSubs you have (IDX/SUB)? Also, please explain exactly how you got the subs. Did you open the IFO in VobSub Configure and then extract the VobSubs?
    Quote Quote