VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, guys. I know I've seen a post where someone laid out a fix if you're having audio sync issues but I cannot find it anywhere, so sorry if it's been posted and I missed it. I could have sworn it involved VLC player so that you can correct the sync and then you input that offset into another program to fix the file. Tried to search for awhile!

Anyway, here is my problem:

I use GOTSent to convert .MKV files to .MP4 so that I can watch them on my 360 with use of an external HD. I do NOT want to use Windows to stream from my PC to my 360 since it doesn't work AND I want to save power by not having both my high-powered PC and my home theater system on at the same time.

Anyway, most of the time GOTSent works fine. However, there are several files that once I convert to MP4, the audio is out of sync by a few seconds. It's very annoying and I have tried different GOTSent settings, but nothing works.

So is there a way to fix the MP4 if it is out of sync? The MKV file is perfectly in sync, so something must happen in the conversion process.

Or if there is a better program to use than GOTSent. I've tried using the Encode360 but that doesn't work period for some reason. Maybe it's my 64 bit version of Vista, but I couldn't get it to work.

Thanks in advance!
    Quote Quote  
  2. XenonMKV does the same thing as GOTsent, maybe you'll have better luck with that...
    Quote Quote