VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    delete
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You joined this forum 2 days ago and all 3 of your posts have been to promote products. Bigtime spam, methinks. Peddle your crapware elsewhere.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Actually Media Browser is very good, I have been using it for months.

Since the software is free, and many Media Center users will actually find it very useful, in this case I would say that he is genuinely trying to be helpful.

This software makes Vista/Windows7 Media Center almost as good as XBMC, I'm quite a big Media Browser fan TBH.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I prefer text menus. They're so much faster and easier to browse through.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If it's not in the tools section (and, as of this date, I sure didn't see it) submissions can be made here:

https://www.videohelp.com/toolsedit?newtool=1

When most of us see this stuff in the forum--posted by someone who just signed up--what are we to think?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    delete
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by mh2360
    Actually Media Browser is very good, I have been using it for months.

Since the software is free, and many Media Center users will actually find it very useful, in this case I would say that he is genuinely trying to be helpful.

This software makes Vista/Windows7 Media Center almost as good as XBMC, I'm quite a big Media Browser fan TBH.
    You are totally correct!

Sorry if I offended any one I just wanted to help out any that may not be totly happy with ther media center.
    I am sorry I forgot to say it was FREE but it is so
    Try It
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    delete
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    delete
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    delete
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    delete
    Quote Quote  
  12. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry. We get a lot of spammers on our forum, so we may seem suspicious of new posters introducing software. But your software sounds interesting.

And welcome to our forums.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I was the one who was harsh to you, coming out of the starting gate. If you had been to this site frequently enough, you would have known that this forum gets spammed a lot. For all we know, a "free" software offering might be malware. So, please try to understand where we are coming from. IT WAS NOTHING PERSONAL AGAINST YOU.

No one here has the slightest desire to make someone feel unwelcome. Nevertheless, many of us are eager to maintain the integrity and trustworthiness of the information and tools offered on this site. In your case, red flags of suspicion came up because you bypassed the usual product submission process that would have resulted in listing your software in the Tools section of this site. You speak of giving us "one more chance," as though we had done something horribly wrong.

Now that your MediaBrowser has been confirmed as legit, any misunderstandings are a matter of the past. But don't think of us as a bunch of a**holes simply because we are trying to defend the trustworthiness of this site. In fact, be happy to know that an endorsement from a trusted site like this is a big plus when you are trying to get word out about a nice piece of software.

Friends?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    yeah this looks cool!

also, everyone check out DemonSeed's first post here.. https://forum.videohelp.com/topic366815.html which seemed to show no interest, but i will definetely be messing around with it.. thanks!
    I am just a worthless liar,
    I am just an imbecil
    Quote Quote  
  15. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by DemonSeed
    To be honest I didn't fell very welcome when I first joined this forum and have seance stop coming here but I thought I would give y'all one more chance so...

I Have Moved MY MediaBrowser ModThread Over To The 7Forum

I've been working so hard on this same thread on the 7forum that have totally lost this one.

So I'm asking you to come over and see all that I've working on and not miss a thing.

Feel free to talk to me on this forum
    I will still be checking it often.
    I would guess that we don't have that many windows media centers users here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Just out of curiosity, is English your native language? Even though your location says Charlotte, NC, your writing style is more closely related to many of the spammers that we get here.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    DemonSeed, one forum you might look into is in Australia: http://www.xpmediacentre.com.au/community/index.php They seem to be a very active forum and may be interested in your software.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The main thing is that (nearly) every post on this site has been about this software.

Combine that with your above post that contains such sparkling "reviews", and you got yourself a full-blown spam sandwich.
    Quote Quote