VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I recently uploaded a video to YouTube, but there's no video, just audio. However, its source file (which is on my desktop) has both audio and video, so it has to be YouTube's uploader's fault. Can anyone help me out on this? Should I re-upload the video? Here's the link to it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prwXmL8YhuI
    Quote Quote  
  2. more likely you uploaded a bad or unsupported video type. a mediainfo report of the source would be more helpful. it's also possible it was just a bad upload. data corruption happens.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by minidv2dvd
    more likely you uploaded a bad or unsupported video type. a mediainfo report of the source would be more helpful. it's also possible it was just a bad upload. data corruption happens.
    Yea I guess, but I had another video of the same format that was uploaded fine prior to that.

MediaInfo:

General
    Complete name : C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\ReVolt gameplay.avi
    Format : AVI
    Format/Info : Audio Video Interleave
    File size : 863 MiB
    Duration : 1h 18mn
    Overall bit rate : 1 540 Kbps

Video
    Format : Digital Video
    Duration : 4mn 11s
    Bit rate : 28.8 Mbps
    Width : 720 pixels
    Height : 480 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 4/3
    Frame rate mode : Constant
    Frame rate : 29.970 fps
    Standard : NTSC
    Colorimetry : 4:1:1
    Scan type : Interlaced
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 2.778
    Stream size : 861 MiB (100%)

Audio
    Format : PCM
    Duration : 1h 18mn
    Bit rate : 1 536 Kbps
    Channel(s) : 2 channels
    Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
    Resolution : 16 bits
    Interleave, duration : 33 ms (1.00 video frame)
    Quote Quote  
  4. something is way out of whack. the total bitrate is 1540kbps and the audio bitrate is 1536kbps. that leaves only 4kbps for the video and overhead. also, the bitrate is wrong for DVavi. it's only allowed to be 25mbps, not the 4kbps of yours. that's why the time durations don't match. the time is also way to long as youtube only accepts up to 10min videos, yours is listed at 78 minutes.

try making h264 mp4 with aac audio from the source at 2mbps or so and upping that.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by minidv2dvd
    something is way out of whack. the total bitrate is 1540kbps and the audio bitrate is 1536kbps. that leaves only 4kbps for the video and overhead. also, the bitrate is wrong for DVavi. it's only allowed to be 25mbps, not the 4kbps of yours. that's why the time durations don't match. the time is also way to long as youtube only accepts up to 10min videos, yours is listed at 78 minutes.

try making h264 mp4 with aac audio from the source at 2mbps or so and upping that.
    Ok I really don't understand what's going on here but:

1. The video is not 1hr 18mn long, I just watched it on my desktop with WMP, it's 4 mins long, so Idk why it says it's 1hr 18mn...

2. It's not DV-AVI, it's just a plain simple .avi file.

3. I can't use H.264 stuff, I'm using FRAPS, an on-computer recording device, to capture the gameplay, and it only outputs to .avi. I could use VirtualDub though cuz that worked for the other video recorded this way.

4. This video was recorded the same exact way as my previous successful video on YouTube. BUT, I think maybe if I used VirtualDub it would work, cuz that's wat I used to reduce the file size of the other video. Maybe I'll try that instead of uploading the .avi itself.
    Quote Quote  
  6. if the vid is about 4 minutes long, the bitrate and file size are about right for DVavi. somehow the time duration of the audio got messed up. try loading the avi in avidemux, leave the video and audio set to copy, the format to avi, and have avidemux re-write the file. then use mediainfo on the new copy and see if it's listed correctly.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by minidv2dvd
    if the vid is about 4 minutes long, the bitrate and file size are about right for DVavi. somehow the time duration of the audio got messed up. try loading the avi in avidemux, leave the video and audio set to copy, the format to avi, and have avidemux re-write the file. then use mediainfo on the new copy and see if it's listed correctly.
    Nah, I'd rather do it my way, which is stitching the two clips together in WMM, exporting as DV~AVI, use VirtualDub to reduce file size.

Here's the video after being compresed by VirtualDub:

General
    Complete name : C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\Re-Volt - Mod racing [VD].avi
    Format : AVI
    Format/Info : Audio Video Interleave
    File size : 469 MiB
    Duration : 4mn 9s
    Overall bit rate : 15.8 Mbps
    Writing library : VirtualDub build 30091/release

Video
    Format : MPEG-4 Visual
    Format profile : Streaming Video@L1
    Format settings, BVOP : Yes
    Format settings, QPel : No
    Format settings, GMC : No warppoints
    Format settings, Matrix : Default
    Muxing mode : Packed bitstream
    Codec ID : XVID
    Codec ID/Hint : XviD
    Bit rate : 14.2 Mbps
    Width : 720 pixels
    Height : 480 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 1.500
    Frame rate : 29.970 fps
    Standard : NTSC
    Resolution : 24 bits
    Colorimetry : 4:2:0
    Scan type : Progressive
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 1.372
    Stream size : 423 MiB (90%)
    Writing library : XviD 1.1.2 (UTC 2006-11-01)

Audio
    Format : PCM
    Format settings, Endianness : Little
    Format settings, Sign : Unsigned
    Codec ID : 1
    Codec ID/Hint : Microsoft
    Bit rate mode : Constant
    Bit rate : 1 536 Kbps
    Channel(s) : 2 channels
    Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
    Resolution : 16 bits
    Stream size : 45.7 MiB (10%)
    Interleave, duration : 33 ms (1.00 video frame)
    Interleave, preload duration : 500 ms
    Quote Quote  
  8. you could save more filesize/upload time by setting the audio to be encoded to mp3 or aac. either is ok for youtube and they prefer it with mp4 videos.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by minidv2dvd
    you could save more filesize/upload time by setting the audio to be encoded to mp3 or aac. either is ok for youtube and they prefer it with mp4 videos.
    How do I encode it to that then?
    Quote Quote  
  10. in virtualdub i believe you set audio to full processing and then set compression to MPEG layer-3 which is mp3.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by minidv2dvd
    then set compression to MPEG layer-3 which is mp3.
    I set audio to 'Full Processing', but where do I select the audio compression? I just see video compression, I don't see one for audio...

And ur sure this will make the file smaller and watever else u said? It wont mess anything up?
    Quote Quote  
  12. after you click full processing go back to audio and select compression. mp3 is in there. for some reason i can't get better than 56kbps 24khtz, maybe you can. try for around 128kbps 48khtz.

you might give the free xvid4psp a try, it has lots of settings you can use to produce xvid or h264 with mp3 or aac.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by minidv2dvd
    after you click full processing go back to audio and select compression. mp3 is in there. for some reason i can't get better than 56kbps 24khtz, maybe you can. try for around 128kbps 48khtz.

you might give the free xvid4psp a try, it has lots of settings you can use to produce xvid or h264 with mp3 or aac.
    I don't see anything that has to do with compression in the audio drop-down box in VirtualDub.

I've tried Xvid4PSP, and I don't have it anymore, so I guess I didn't like it.
    Quote Quote  
  14. click audio - it's the second one down.

maybe ripbot264 would be worth a try. easier to set up than xvid4psp.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by minidv2dvd
    click audio - it's the second one down.

maybe ripbot264 would be worth a try. easier to set up than xvid4psp.
    Oohhh I see it now. I just didn't see it before cuz it was greyed.
    Quote Quote