VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi everyone
    I have been searching and haven't found an answer to my problem.That is I am trying to put blu ray on my passport hd so that it will play hopefully perfectly on my 1080p tv using wd tv.Iso files do play but play jittery.Possibly wrong feet per sec?mkv files play very well but if I play original on blu ray player and compare them the player seems to have less grainyness.So what I'm looking for is a way to convert the disc to avchd on my hard drive.I'm not trying to turn the movies into discs but leave them on my hard drive to use with wd tv.Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Doese the wd tv play m2ts files? If so, then use anydvd to copy to hard drive (copy files, not make iso) then use the wd tv to play the m2ts files.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    There are several WD TV threads about this. Do a search next time.

And yes, it does play the m2ts files.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It will not play DTS audio, so whatever Blu Ray movie your working on make sure its only ac3.

-pb
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Po|arbeaR
    It will not play DTS audio, so whatever Blu Ray movie your working on make sure its only ac3.

-pb
    ok than,how can i convert dts into ac3,so it can be played on wdtv?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Which movie is it?
    Quote Quote  
  7. As I understand it, the WDTV will play files with DTS audio, but it doesn't have its own DTS decoder. You have to use a receiver with DTS decoding.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Po|arbeaR

-pb
    That is NOT correct.

The WD TV will play DTS, but doing so can push the decoder chip to its limits. You may have playback problems depending on the bitrate and type of your video. And you definitely need an external decoder. AC3 audio is much more friendly for the player to deal with.

The WD TV makes no claims of any kind to support BluRay or HD audio formats. I'm amazed that the original poster was able to get any BluRay rips to work at all. I admit to not having done extensive testing, but the only time I tried it, I couldn't get a BluRay ISO to play. My very limited attempts to play HD audio formats were unsuccessful on the player, but to be fair my receiver cannot decode these as it came out about 1 year before any receivers were on the market that could decode the HD audio formats. Perhaps with the right receiver the HD audio formats can work, but I don't know.
    Quote Quote