VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    now i know that toast can help here but it takes way to long i want to take an avi file and convert it to a video_ts file so i can burn it on a dvd and any dvd play will play. toast just takes entirely to long any one know of another program that will convert faster i have done searches but cant find a converter or am i looking for the wrong thing? Any help fellow mac users
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    How long is too long? Expect about an hour or two if your computer is moderately fast (and if your computer details are correct, you've got the fastest there is). You aren't going to improve upon that by large factors, no matter what software you use, unfortunately.

If it's taking much longer than a couple of hours, perhaps you're asking the computer to do many other tasks at the same time? Let the Mac pay 100% attention to the conversion, and it should not take too long.
    Quote Quote  
  3. MPEG2 video format (=DVD) is more complex than "videos usually used in avi"
    Toast give a good quality (maybe slow, I don't know I don't use it anymore)
    if you only want speed, use a soft that produces less quality (FFmpegX default behavior -for exemple- encodes whitout "B frames", etc. That's not great but it imroves speed)

bye
    For DVD, iPad, HD, connected TV, … iMovie & FCPX? MovieConverter-Studio 3 (01/24/2015) - Handle your camcorder's videos? even in 60p or 60i? do a slow-motion? MovieCam.
    Quote Quote