VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am getting these ads on this website and other websites (see screenshot) when the mouse is on double underlined words. I would like to know if the ads are part of this website, or has adware invaded my computer.

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Start with the freeware Malwarebytes and Spybot Search and Destroy and see how you go.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Then I assume you are saying that these ads are NOT an integral part of this website?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I don't believe they are - I certainly don't see them. If you google AdBrite you will find a lot of complaints regarding malware and infections. I suspect you have picked something up that is intercepting the pages you download and inserting advertising links into them. Are you seeing this on other sites as well ?
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Yes I see it on some other websites. Haven't paid too much attention because I thought it was an integral part of some websites (to add revenue for website owner). However, I thought it very odd to see it on this website, and began to think that it is some kind of sneaky adware on my computer. The ads may be caused by having Hotspot VPN installed on my computer (even though I don't have it running).
    Quote Quote  
  6. Those "adsense" ads are a part of many web sites. But malware uses it too. I don't think VideoHelp uses them.
    Quote Quote