Thread
    Search Comp PM
    hi!

while trying to create a DVD-project I get this error :
    Code:
    Rejected OERR d:\main.ac3
    how do I fix it?

michcio
    take a look at my DVD-authoring guide :)

https://forum.videohelp.com/topic353434.html
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    also while tring to make an .m2v and .ac3 from my avi the "normal way" (here's the avisynth script

Code:
    # -= AviSynth v2.5.8.5 script by FitCD v1.2.8 =-
    AVISource("C:\Users\Michal\Desktop\movie.avi")
    BicubicResize(704,480,0,0.6,0,1,624,350)
    AddBorders(8,0,8,0)
    #Trim(0,60072).FadeOut(150)
    I got audio error...the video and audio is perfect in the beginning but get of the sync in the end.

why?

here's my avi info from GSpot:

Code:
    AUDIO:
    Codec: 0x0055 MPEG-1 layer 3
    Info: 48 000Hz 128 kb/s tot, Joint Stereo LAME 3, 98b

VIDEO:
    Codec: XIVID
    Name: XviD ISO MPEG-4

FRAMES: 23.976
    I can't open my avi properly in virtualdub as well because I got the error:

Code:
    VBR audio stream detected:

VirtualDub has detected an improper VBR audio encoding in the source AVi file (audio stream1).
    The current preference is to rewrite the aduio header with standard CBR values during processing for better compability. This may introduce up to 5070 ms of skew from the video strem. If this in unacceptable, decompres the *entire* audio stream to an uncompressed WAV file and recompress with a constant bitrate encoder. (bitrate: 121.4 +- 11.4 kbps)

Do you still want to rewrite the header?

YES  NO
    I think I have clicked yes here before and taken out the audio stream from the avi. Maybe that's what causes the problem in GfD later.

cheers

michcio

Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I think you answered your own question. The amount of space saved encoding with VBR instead of CBR is negligible and makes your audio stream susceptible to loss of sync and other errors. You should make your ac3 (and mp3) encodes constant bitrate to avoid complications. Instead of rewriting the header, I would go back to the source audio and do a new encode.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    thanks for answering

A new encoding in the source audio? You mean take out the audio from my avi and then encode it to ac3/mp3 ? But how do I take out the audio...if I do it the usual way with the avisynth script I describe it get's unsynced. So how do I take it out properly like you say in constant bitrate??

regards

michcio

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by michcio
    also while tring to make an .m2v and .ac3 from my avi the "normal way"
    You haven't said how you encode the video and audio from the AVS.
    I use HCEnc to make M2V and WAVI and Aften to make AC3 myself.

Also as for VirtualDub, you should never answer yes to that question.
    Anyway, you should open the AVS in VDub, not the AVI.

And I find it advisable to add the line
    EnsureVBRMP3sync()
    after the Avisource, it makes it less likely to go out of sync, at the cost of a delay when you move around the file.

Anyway, according to the Muxman readme:
    "OERR Muxman was unable to open the file"
    So can you play the AC3 in other applications?

What is the actual full path to the file? If it contains spaces or unusual characters, move it to something short and simple.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'm encoding the video and audio using HCEnc as well and make a .m2v file ... then I use virtualdub to make a .wav (from a avs file made of my avi) wich I later on encode to .ac3 using ffmpeggui

after adding the line you mension video and audio still get unsynced in the end. (I can see that it's unsynced already in virtualdub when I try to play me .avs)

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'm encoding the video and audio using HCEnc as well and make a .m2v file ... then I use virtualdub to make a .wav (from a avs file made of my avi) wich I later on encode to .ac3 using ffmpeggui

after adding the line you mension video and audio still get unsynced in the end. (I can see that it's unsynced already in virtualdub when I try to play me .avs)
    The sync error is a different problem. You should be able to use the AC3 regardless if it's in sync or not.

Does the sync error grow gradually, or is it a sudden jump at a glitch?
    If the first, you can stretch the audio. If the latter, the AVI is probably damaged.
    I find saving it out with AviDemux (just video copy and audio copy) may fix that.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    hm now when I take a closer look at the avs file in virtualdub I see that it's not a wrong synced audio/video problem...my movie is 44 min totaly and it's perfectly synced in about 42 min... then at the last 2 minutes the audio just ends :S there is no audio at all... really weird. The avi have audio the whole time :/.

cheers

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    btw opening it in AviDemux (which does something to the audio) and then save a new avi doesn't help my problem the audio still dissapears after 42 minutes

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ah! now I got it!

last time I only open my avi in AviDemux and it showed:
    Code:
    Confirmation

Build VBR time map?

Avidemux detected VBR MP3 audio in this file. For keeping audio/video in sync, time map is needed. Built it now?

You can do it later fith "Audio -> Build VBR Time Map".

Yes No
    and then also:

Code:
    Confirmation

Packed Bitstream detected:

Do you want me to unpack it ?

Yes No
    I chose Yes on these both but then I didn't touch the Video and Audio scroll downs...

while I saved a "new" avi and made an avs the audio dissapeard while opening the avs in virtualdub after 42 mins. but when I opened my avi in avidemux again and changed the video and audio codecs to something else ( MPEG-4 ASP (Xvid4) and AC3 (Aften) ) (the saving took much longer time this time :P) and when I later on made an avs to this avi it worked just fine after 42 minutes

now which codecs are best to choose for video and audio in the scroll downs??

regards

michcio

Quote Quote  
  11. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    [ i g n o r e ]

[s:a3c61c4a80]A new encoding in the source audio? You mean take out the audio from my avi and then encode it to ac3/mp3 ? But how do I take out the audio...[/s:a3c61c4a80]
    [s:a3c61c4a80]Extract the audio from the .AVI either with VirtualDub "Direct stream copy",
    or with AVI-Mux GUI. Open it in Winamp, and convert it to a .WAV file with
    the DiskWriter plugin. Convert this latter to AC3 with aften.exe
    (You could also select the AC3ACM in the list of output options of DiskWriter,
    thus skipping the intermediate .wav file).

HTH.[/s:a3c61c4a80]
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Okay, I'm all confused. Wasn't your first post about trying to create a DVD project? Why, then, are you encoding Xvid and using VirtualDub? Did you ever make the .m2v video stream? You're original issue was with the audio. If you could get a .wav file, then Aften should easily make the .ac3 conversion. One possible problem, as mentioned earlier, was encoding to variable bitrate (VBR) instead of constant bitrate (CBR).

Also, did you listen to the audio track you made? Did the sound cut off abruptly at 42 min.? If so, you simply didn't get a complete encode of the audio track. Otherwise, the time readout may be incorrect due to VBR encoding -- which can trick some programs into displaying the wrong time. (Video frame rate issues can also cause incorrect time displays in some cases, but that's another issue.)

EDIT: After re-reading your last post, it seems you sorted out your audio issue. Is that correct? Still, you have an xvid file, which is NOT DVD compliant and will be spit out by GUI for DVDAuthor.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    yes I'm creating a DVD project in GfD (Muxman) and therefore I need a .m2v file (for the video stream) and an .ac3 file (for the audio stream) from my .avi.

well...I'm making an avs from my avi and then encoding an wav from this avs by using virtualdub...

let's take it from the beggining... my problem was that I have a correctly avi

from this avi I create an avs file and after I open it in virtualdub I see that the audio dissapears after 42 minutes. (I want to take out a proper wav from this avs using virutaldub)

If I instead before the creation of the avs open my avi in AviDemux , change the audio and video codecs, make (save) a new avi file and then create my avs the audio no longer dissapears while I open the avs in virtualdub and check my movie after 42 minutes.

So now I wonder which audio/video codecs I should change my avi into to get the best results (it seems like I have to change it otherwise the audio will dissapear) :S

cheers!

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by filmboss80

EDIT: After re-reading your last post, it seems you sorted out your audio issue. Is that correct? Still, you have an xvid file, which is NOT DVD compliant and will be spit out by GUI for DVDAuthor.
    yeah I have kind of solved my audio issue. But it seems really weird..change codecs to get it right :S...I know I have the xvid file now ..well I could convert the video to another format or maybe just the audio :S...hm are you sure it won't be DVD compilant...later on I use HCEnc to encode my .m2v file from the .avs and there is a function to make a file DVD compiliant even if it's not.

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    hm now when I take a closer look at the avs file in virtualdub I see that it's not a wrong synced audio/video problem...my movie is 44 min totaly and it's perfectly synced in about 42 min... then at the last 2 minutes the audio just ends :S there is no audio at all... really weird. The avi have audio the whole time :/.
    I've seen this problem, don't know the cause, but usually if you change

to
    DirectShowSource("C:\Users\Michal\Desktop\movie.av i")
    ConvertToYV12()

you get the complete soundtrack.

Always scroll to the end of the AVS (in VirtualDub) to see you have audio right to the end.

Or, if you're not doing any Trims or audio manipulations in the AVS, you can just use FFMPEGGui directly on the AVI, export AC3 in one go.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    later on I use HCEnc to encode my .m2v file from the .avs and there is a function to make a file DVD compiliant even if it's not.
    That has its limits. Mainly it will turn no Pulldown for 23.976 fps.
    Otherwise it will warn you if you have the wrong colour space, or frame size, but not actually fix it, you have to do that yourself.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    while I saved a "new" avi and made an avs the audio dissapeard while opening the avs in virtualdub after 42 mins. but when I opened my avi in avidemux again and changed the video and audio codecs to something else ( MPEG-4 ASP (Xvid4) and AC3 (Aften) ) (the saving took much longer time this time :P) and when I later on made an avs to this avi it worked just fine after 42 minutes

now which codecs are best to choose for video and audio in the scroll downs??
    You could just save the audio as an AC3 file and use that for the DVD.

If you really wanted to make a new AVI, set video to COPY, as there's nothing wrong with that, audio to AC3, or MP3 CBR at a rate a bit higher than the original.
    That should save quickly and not degrade the video, as any re-encoding loses quality.

For that matter, Avidemux can itself directly export M2V and AC3 for making DVD. It has a lot of filters you can apply in the process.
    I have rarely done it myself though, but in difficult cases it can be useful.
    I'm used to AVS and HCEnc, and have a lot of shortcuts that I like to use.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by AlanHK
    to
    DirectShowSource("C:\Users\Michal\Desktop\movie.av i")
    ConvertToYV12()

you get the complete soundtrack.

Always scroll to the end of the AVS (in VirtualDub) to see you have audio right to the end.
    yeah it works just fine if I change it to DirectShowSource thanks!

after encoding my m2v and ac3 files and creating a DVD project with these two I don't get the error I mensioned in my first post

Or, if you're not doing any Trims or audio manipulations in the AVS, you can just use FFMPEGGui directly on the AVI, export AC3 in one go.
    hah that I never thought about that...why encode avi -> avs -> wav -> ac3 if I can only convert avi -> ac3 haha thanks will make my whole DVD makeing process a bit shorter (when I like you say don't make any audio manipulations in the AVS).

That has its limits. Mainly it will turn no Pulldown for 23.976 fps.
    Otherwise it will warn you if you have the wrong colour space, or frame size, but not actually fix it, you have to do that yourself.
    ah ok! Didn't know that.

If you really wanted to make a new AVI, set video to COPY, as there's nothing wrong with that, audio to AC3, or MP3 CBR at a rate a bit higher than the original.
    That should save quickly and not degrade the video, as any re-encoding loses quality.
    ok...that's another oppertunity then the DirectShowSource method..it truley makes a new avi much faster then it did it last time and the quality is the same as my avi from the beginning

For that matter, Avidemux can itself directly export M2V and AC3 for making DVD. It has a lot of filters you can apply in the process.
    I have rarely done it myself though, but in difficult cases it can be useful.
    oh really! cool...but as you I'm used to AVS and HCEnc as well...maybe it would be easier to just use AviDemux to export my ac3 and m2v ... I haven't tried that program out that much and can't find these functions atm :P

I'm used to AVS and HCEnc, and have a lot of shortcuts that I like to use.
    really? shortcuts like what ? I do use one shortcut as well :P. I have made a program in AutoIt to open all the programs and files and then save/encode new once from an avi to get m2v and ac3 fast (take a look at my whole DVD makeing process: https://forum.videohelp.com/topic353434.html ^^)

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    really? shortcuts like what ? I do use one shortcut as well :P. I have made a program in AutoIt to open all the programs and files and then save/encode new once from an avi to get m2v and ac3 fast (take a look at my whole DVD makeing process: https://forum.videohelp.com/topic353434.html ^^)
    I use batch files whenever possible.

This takes the audio from an AVS (or a whole folder of them) and converts it to AC3:

Code:
    @echo avsaften avsfile.avs
    @echo audio from avs files and convert to AC3
    @echo uses wavi and aften

@if %1X==X goto ALL

:LOOP
    for %%I in (%1) do (
    wavi %%I - | p:\aften\aften.exe -b 128 -s 1 -w 45 -dnorm 27 - %%~nI.ac3
    )

SHIFT
    @if %1X==X goto END
    @goto LOOP

:ALL
    for %%I in (*.avs) do (
    wavi %%I - | p:\aften\aften.exe -b 128 -s 1 -w 45 -dnorm 27 - %%~nI.ac3
    )
    :END
    Get wavi from http://sourceforge.net/projects/wavi-avi2wav

A useful Avisynth plugin is Soundout:
    http://avisynth.org/mediawiki/SoundOut
    With that you can measure volumes ( to adjust gain) or export in various formats, including AC3.

To make the AVS files I might use FitCD to begin with, then my text editor, and often customise them in AvsP, which is probably the best Avisynth editor, as it gives you sliders for the numeric parameters of any filter or function and has many other features specific to Avisynth scripts.

I use batch files to encode batches of AVS files in HCEnc: eg:

Code:
    set rate=2108
    ::set ar=16:9
    set ar=4:3
    set choice=
    set /p choice=Run encode? y/n     
    if not '%choice%'=='y' exit

set hc=P:\HCenc\HCenc_023
    set mpgd=s:\mpg\

for %%A in (
    101.avs
    102.avs
    103.avs
    104.avs

) do  (
    %hc% -i %%~fA -o %mpgd%%%~nA.m2v -b %rate%  -aspectratio %ar%  -pulldown -profile best -matrix qlb -frames all -noini -2pass -maxbitrate 8000 -log %%~dpAhenc.log

call avsaften %%~fA
    move %%~dpnA.ac3 %mpgd%
    )
    I customise these with the actual filenames and bitrate, though I could have parameterised them.

Note that this calls the AVSaften script above for each file as well.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    have tested that on another avi and my audio get unsynced

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    have tested that on another avi and my audio get unsynced
    There are no guaranteed ways that work for every file.
    Search for "sync problems" here and you'll get a thousand hits.
    You always have to check the result.

Try exporting from AviDemux.
    Try Soundout() in your AVS.

If these fail, then you have to do some audio editing...
    Quote Quote