VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I got this new samsung sc-hmx10 which has the files in the .mp4 format. i was trying to edit the files (simple triming) in the provided cyberlink powerdirector 6. but after i trim the file when i try to save it i only get the option "save project" or "save project as" and the file gets saved as some .pds file. i want to save the edited file again as .mp4, how to do that? i am novice with these, please help !
    Quote Quote  
  2. powerdirector needs to re-encode the file.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks for your reply. but i didnt get what you said, please explain in simple terms, sorry i am new to these things..
    do you mean that powerdirector cannt save in the same mp4 format after editing? then in what popular format it can save n how to do that?
    Quote Quote  
  4. sorry in powerdirector terms you have to "produce" a new file. click produce and set it up to save in whatever format you want as an end result, it doesn't have to be mp4. mp4 isn't a format you want to edit/re-encode more than once.

you might give avidemux a try for simple trimming and see if you can set the video and audio to copy and format to mp4. use the slider/a button/b button at the bottom to trim beginning/end. it would be a lot faster than pd6.
    Quote Quote