VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have some TV recorded with Media Portal in Transport Stream format.

The lips seem to match up pretty much when I just play the TS files.

Though, some but not all, after I convert them to MPEG with HDTV2MPEG, start having A/V sync issues.

I tried using MeGUI which seems to sense an A/V sync issue, doesn't seem to fix it.

Can I convert the videos from TS straight to AVI? I think HDTV2MPEG step is where it's being screwed up.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Yes you can do it directly.

What happens when you convert straight to AVI (skipping hdtv2mpeg step)?

What do you mean meGUI senses an a/v sync issue? is a delay reported?

Is this a constant sync issue (e.g. always 1sec all the way through) or a progressive sync issue (worsening over time)?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Yes, it reports a delay and automatically wants to do -300ms or something similar.

I forgot to mention I use VirtualDub to convert normally which seems it wants MPEG not a TS file, using the MPEG2 plugin.

Seems to be a problem all the way through.

EDIT: I don't know what's going on but now VirtualDub is now simply opening the TS files when I swear it was giving me no video in file errors before, but maybe since I installed more codecs it's working now.

EDIT #2: Doing it the way of the previous edit is producing completely out of sync A/V, to where it's 100% noticeable.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You might want to give Avidemux a try. It's really similar to VirtualDub in the features it offers, though the interface is a little different.

When I open up a .ts file with it, it asks me if I want to index it. (I click on yes.) Then it says something about one mode that might make it stutter but then using another mode which is safe, but losing frame accuracy. (I click on Yes again, but have not noticed losing any frame accuracy.)

Then the file should open right up. You should be smart enough to figure out how to change the video codecs and all of that, so configure it the way you want it, then save it and see how it goes.
    Quote Quote