VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    Where they are rated and compared, preferably tilting more towards the better informed end of the spectrum ?

I've had to lodge various complaints with TWC recently. Their service is decidedly better that that of their predecessor, Adelphia, but I'd have to say that -- much of the time, in many cases -- they still SUCK ! And they have the gall to keep on jacking their rates.

This is just one lesser example, but at home I've seen a lack of audio sync on some ABC hi-def channel programming -- whether it's a regular series or even a live broadcast ! I've just been visiting in another region (but still a TWC service area, though this time with analog service), and have seen bad audio sync that is even worse. Should I blame that on TWC, or is it apt to be the fault of ABC ?

At home, there are a nice, steady assortment of video glitches and anomalies that I should not have to put up with on too many of their hi-def channels. When I complain to their Level 1 tech support (o.k., that's usually pretty worthless everywhere . . . ) I'm going to get a lot of B.S. about how my equipment or local connections could be faulty, and they would be willing to send a technician out, blah blah etc. But the intermittent nature of the problems, and some routine deductive troubleshooting on my part, proves without doubt that these issues exist well before their signal ever reaches me. Occasionally, they will even admit a transitory fault at their end . . . but you really have to corner them with a lot of hard facts to get there.

I guess what I'm looking for is good solid evidence they can't dismiss, reported by credible sources from other regional TWC territories, that I can drop on their doorstep.
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Not really *Latest Video News*

I would check out http://www.avsforum.com/
    tgpo famous MAC commercial, You be the judge?
    Originally Posted by jagabo
    I use the FixEverythingThat'sWrongWithThisVideo() filter. Works perfectly every time.
    Quote Quote