VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have an HD recording in H264 of Hannibal (the movie) from ITV HD.
    Now I would like to know, is there a way to simply cut out the commercials ?
    I tried loading it with TSPE, but it did not seem to recognise the file (could not play back video).
    The only other way I know of without reencoding the whole thing is by using TSPLAYER, but as there are many commercials in it, it is very difficult to perform these actions.

I 've also tried H264TSCUTTER and TSMUXER, but none seems to be able to cope with the files correctly.
    I 'm just wondering how to do this.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I 've found it myself.
    The problem was that the video PMT was modified by ITV to look like H222, in order to lock out non-Freesat viewers.
    What I did was to open the file with TSPE (video does not work then), use the PMT editor, to change the correct PMT to H264/AVC.
    Then I saved the edited file, and bingo, afterwards I could open it in H264TSCUTTER.
    I edited it and saved the results, no more commercials
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hi,

thanks for the great advice.

I have some recorded ITVhd files from DVBviewer 3.9.4.0 without the Adjust PAT/PMT option checked at the time of recording.

Is it possible to use the PMT editor in the old free Transport Stream Packet Editor?
    If so how do I do this?

I feel that the awnser will be no. If this is so, then do you know of any programs that do the same job for free?

thanks again.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I don't know about the old version of TSPE.
    I did find that with TSDOCTOR (free) it will analyse a TS file and it will automatically fix ITV HD files.
    However, when I did that, sound and video were not in sync anymore.
    Not sure if this is due to the tool or if it was there before, as I had deleted the old file already.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    h.264 cutter
    Quote Quote  
  6. Hi, i tryed h.264 cutter but when i try to open ts file i receive this error

"Colud not init. video playbalck DS-Error (Errore non specificato)

Ideas?
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You could try tssniper.

If it fails post the details from the ts. Use mediainfo, open the ts file, view->text and copy all the info.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    You could try tssniper.

If it fails post the details from the ts. Use mediainfo, open the ts file, view->text and copy all the info.
    I tryeal also sniper but have directshow error in filtergraph.....
    but now i see that if i use tsremux the new TS work on sniper... so i think that ts stream recorder by recorder...have some problem.... ASAP i will post mediainbfo data.
    Quote Quote