Sorry if this is in the wrong forum...

Alright, so I recently purchased a Hauppauge HD PVR capture device. It encodes video into h264 which can be contained in either the .ts or .m2ts containers.

I can play these files just fine and I can edit them just fine in Avidemux. (I always click on "Yes" when it gives me the warning about using some mode but losing frame specific accuracy, but it's funny because I can still edit them down to the frame perfectly.)

However, with my capture device, I capture many smaller clips for editing and putting together for a project I'm doing. The problem is that the gamma is set too high by default, so I have to manually tone down the gamma using a color filter in Avidemux. I would just do it using the software that interfaces with my capture device, but trying to change the brightness, contract or anything else does absolutely nothing, not to mention gamma is inactive, as shown in this screenshot at the bottom of the this post. (I paid about $225 for this device and I can't even adjust how the picture looks before I start capturing. Go ******* figure. And I'm not the only one. ) If I could just adjust the gamma, I could edit the .m2ts (or .ts) files directly and not even have to worry about this!

Anyway, the problem is that since I have many smaller captures, opening each one up in Avidemux and saving it is VERY time consuming. Not to mention that Avidemux always removes the filters I loaded every time I open up a new file. (Yet it still retains the codec settings for both the video and audio. -___- ) So, opening the clip and loading the color filter and adjusting the gamma for each file is a huge pain in the neck and is very time consuming.

My primary question is: Is there any possible way to batch process files using the same settings in Avidemux? (Like with VirtualDub. That was soooo nice when I was working with multiple .avis....)

In all honestly, I have done some research on this question, and I found this page where it says:

While it is primarily a GUI program, Avidemux can also be run from and through the command line (which can also be used for batch processing and debugging).

But I don't understand what it means by "run from and through the command line".

I also found this page that mentions using a batch file. But again, I don't know anything about "batch files."

I've tried to exhaust every possibility in Avidemux for batch processing and I never found anything related to command lines or batch files.

So, if somebody could tell me what those two sites are talking about or how to batch process files in Avidemux, that would be great and I would REALLY appreciate it.

Alternatively, if there is another program out there than can batch process H264 .m2ts/.ts files while using some type of color (specifically gamma) adjustment and reencoding them back into a high-bitrate H264 format, that would be awesome.

Thanks in advance to anybody that can help me.