VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am having major issues with windows dvd maker I put a lot of effort into a movie in windows movie maker. It is a compilation of movie mpeg clips and I would really like to burn it to a dvd but every time I try to it says unspecified error happened and quits working. I tried publishing it to computer as well but that didn't work until one time it worked but I was seeing if I could get it to work. The movie wasn't done then so I got an unfinished dvd. I just can't remember how I did it the first time I really need help and I would be very grateful if someone could help me out. I'm about 80% sure it has something to do with the codecs because there are a lot on my computer and I remember unchecking some when I got it to work.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Lots of possible causes. Your mpeg clips may be different video standards, frame rates, and aspect ratios. Hard to know without a GSpot analysis of each clip. You may also have conflicting codecs. Please don't tell us you loaded a codec pack (like K-lite) on your system. Those things create havoc. Also, Windows DVD Maker is crap -- and way overpriced crap at that. You could get superior software for free in the Tools section of this site.

My suggestion is to try loading your clips into DVD Flick and have it create a DVD-compliant movie on your hard drive. Then use ImgBurn to burn that movie's VIDEO_TS folder onto a blank DVD disc (use Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden discs -- no other brand).

Both DVD Flick and ImgBurn are free. So is GSpot. See the Tools section of this site.
    Quote Quote