VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi... i was working with BR discs before and went on a little break. I was using the BD_BUILDER program at the time as well as RIPBOT. Just a question that i need to ask cause i think i may have forgotten something. When I used the BD_BUILDER program and then burned it with IMGBURN my disc played as data disc in the PS3 and not AVCHD like i was doing before. What did i forget to do that is causing this? Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Have you updated bd reubilder since it worked? Then just use an older version or try the avchd.patcher ( https://www.videohelp.com/download/AVCHD-Patcher_1.06.rar or http://cid-8ea621696fd320b1.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/%E5%B7%A5%E5%85%B7%E7%A8%8B%.../AVCHD-Patcher )
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok I did the patch and still got the same affect....the difference it did make is that it now plays to a certain point and stops in my PC blu-ray reader....but the PS3 still shows it as a DATA DISC but doesn't play at all.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I hope someone can help me! I'm having the "data disc" issue on my ps3 as well, but only when doing the FULL DISC option. I Ripped the blu-ray with AnyDVD, used BD Rebuilder to process, patch it with AVCHD Patcher, and if it's 'movie only' it works fine. However, full disc mode (with menu's and extras) won't play on the ps3. Any suggestions?

Rick
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Have you Edit the index file and movie object file after the patching.
    Change 200 to 100 on both files.After copy files to the back-up folder.

Mel
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi.. yes, I did do that as well. Changed both files (and also changed the same 2 files located in the Backup folder). Doing this on the Movie Only backups work fine, it just doesn't like the ones containing the full discs with menus. Tried it with multiple movies. I'm stumped!
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,I had this problem on a couple of movies myself.Avchdpatch 1.06 gave me an error message...........index file wrong format.......I was able to patch with version 1.04......The Index files on new movies are somewhat different then older versions.I think that's the problem.I'm stumped myself
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by mrswla
    Try this site
    Actually, I figured it out the other day on my own, so I edited my post just now, sorry. However, that site was one of the first ones I found and it STILL does not say how to do it. I cannot believe how close ppl get to giving good instructions, but never really give them in full you know?

Every site on the AVCHD Patcher said "Run AVCHD Patcher, drag and drop your index.bdmv file to it, then you are done"

they forgot to say change 0200 to 0100 before you drag and drop...kind of important! LOL.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by milOtis
    Every site on the AVCHD Patcher said "Run AVCHD Patcher, drag and drop your index.bdmv file to it, then you are done"

they forgot to say change 0200 to 0100 before you drag and drop...kind of important! LOL.
    So, is that how to fix it then? Change 0200 to 0100, then drop into avchd patcher. Is this only need to be used when you are outputing to BD5 or BD9? I've never ran into this problem yet, but that may be because I am always outputing to BD25.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Yes, I outline how to do it in my guide (see my signature link) but basically you should do it on ALL backups made by BD Rebuilder, regardless of if you are burning it to a DVD or BD. It makes the index.bdmv file 100% Blu-Ray compliant. Just because you are burning it to a BD disc, doesnt mean that makes it compliant - you still should patch the index.bdmv file.

So anyway, yes, the steps for AVCHD-Pathcher are...
    1. Run AVCHD-Patcher.exe
    2. Select the "0100" button
    3. Drag and drop your "index.bdmv" file to the AVCHD Patcher program window
    4. You will get a confirmation dialog box, just click OK
    5. Delete the ".bak" files it created from the original 2 "bdmv" files.
    6. You can now burn your disc with Imgburn (make sure to use UDF 2.50 as the file system/revision or the disc will not play in your player)

So, I recommend doing this no matter what you are backing up to. Having a "0100" index file just makes the disc more compliant (applies to DVDs and BDs)
    Quote Quote  
  11. Thanks for the info. I'll have to check out your guide. Guess I'm just lucky that I haven't ran into the index program. 8)
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi milOtis,
    I'm tying your method (following your great guide) but I'm stuck in the patch procedure.
    I run the AVCHD Patcher 1.06 (not as admin), changeed to 100 and draged and dropped the index.bdmv file ove it, bur I recieved an error message. It creates only the MovieObject.bdmv.bak, so I can gues that only this file was updated.
    I tryed to burn the disc as an ISO file just to test, but after mount the ISO with DeamonTools my player (PowerDVD Ultra) said that the disc was not valid.
    Do you have any idea about what's going on?
    I'm using Vista Ultimate SP1 + PowerDVD 9 Ultra.
    Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm having the same problem as yodog. Using AVCHD-Patcher 1.06 it gives an error when patching the index.bdmv file but it does seem to patch the movieobject file. When burning the disc anyway, it still shows up as a data disc even if I hexedit the changes in on the index and movieobject file.

I'm trying to make DVD-9 Full disc copies of BD discs, and haven't tried to see if the same thing happens on the movie only types.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    For some reason AVCHD-patcher 1.05 and 1.06 won't patch the index.bdmv files of quite a few jobs I did .I had to revert back to v.1.04 to do the job.Don't know why.What i found is that BDrebuilder on on full disc mode doesn't change the Index.bdmv from the original.Only on Movie only mode the Index.files its rewritten.Only my observation.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi guys im having the same problem burnt 3 bd-r i used avchd patcher and all that stuff but my ps3 keeps seeing the bd-r as data and no video! any suggestion? thx in advance!
    Quote Quote  
  16. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try multiavchd.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by johns0
    thx man, but i ripped full disc (with bd rebuilder) from 50 gbs to bd-25, everything its fine, but the menu on the ps3 doesnt work, it doesnt highlight any option!, this was with my foo fighters bluray, i tried another bluray and worked perfect (with avchd patcher and those steps), im doing again the rip process of my foo fighters bluray
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am also getting this
    Avchdpatch 1.06 gave me an error message...........index file wrong format.......
    I cannot find a link to version 1.04.

one film worked with 1.06 now i'm stuck
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I been doing a lot of FULL BACKUPS BD-5's with BD-RB. I also used AVCHD patcher,so i can watch them on my PS3. However if you have a 00000.bdjo in your Bdjo folder,in your BDMV folder or anything in there to be exact,it wont play on your PS3,even if you use the AVCHD patcher. From what i been reading on many sites,is that the PS3 cant read them,however if you do a full backup to a BD-25 it will read it. I even tried to renumber them in the BDJO folder,thinking maybe the PS3 can read it,if its 00001.bdjo or something like that. This goes for full backups on BD-9 as well. I usually now, put my original blu ray in and explore the disc and if i see anything in my BDJO folder,if it is,i don't mess with it. Please note,this is from my own experiences over the last couple months. If anyone got around that,please share with the rest of us... Thanks.
    Franco
    Quote Quote  
  20. fandr78, does renumbering the files in the BDJO folder work?
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by BLove145
    fandr78, does renumbering the files in the BDJO folder work?
    No it does not.. Doing that,doesn't make the disc start at all.. In all of my trial and error,that BDJO folder has to be empty in order for it to play the bd-5/bd-9 with menus on a PS3. People say the PS3 cant read the 000000,however i dont think it can read anything in the folder.. However if you use BD-RB and shrink it to a 25 gb blu ray disc or RE,it can read it.
    Franco
    Quote Quote  
  22. thanks for quick reply. so no such luck with the BD-9 huh? Blu Ray blanks are still a little too expensive right now so im hoping someone knows or can find a work around to this little problem. Thanks again
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by BLove145
    thanks for quick reply. so no such luck with the BD-9 huh? Blu Ray blanks are still a little too expensive right now so im hoping someone knows or can find a work around to this little problem. Thanks again

Here is the cheapest blu ray blanks i can find and from the feedback,they do a good job.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817607008
    Franco
    Quote Quote  
  24. yea i was thinking about those. I'm so used to Verbatim, but i'll probably give these a try. thanks
    Quote Quote