VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    For a good while now I've been able to use REAL to produce VCDs of .flv files, and have also used WinFF to convert them to a form that can be used by my DVD software, to make actual DVDs, rather than just VCDs.

This past weekend, however, I ran into a problem with several .flv files I'd just saved. They wouldln't convert to any other file format in Win FF ("unsupported video codec"), and Real said they were an unrecognized media type, tho' it still recognized they were .flv.

I've found some other .flv files stored on my computer are having the same problem, tho' others are still cooperative with converting and burning.

Could I have gotten a virus that corrupted some of the .flv files? Is there a new .flv format out there that won't play nice for conversion and burning?

Would appreciate any help you can offer. A little disappointed at not being able to do much with these files.

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Have you updated to latest winff? older versions may have problem with some flvs(those with h264 video).

And post the details from the flv, use mediainfo, open flv, change to View->Text, copy the details and paste here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    THANK YOU!

Your suggestion gave me an idea, and after upgrading Real Player I found it could now handle the files I was having trouble with.

Doing the same with WinFF had the same results. The files I couldn't convert will now burn as VCD or DVD (once converted).

REALLY appreciate the assistance.

PS
    Haven't tried mediainfo yet. May yet do that too.
    Quote Quote