VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi all,

I burn .avi movies to CDs using 'Nero'. Im using 'NERO' 6. There are newer versions of NERO but i like this old version because it is still sufficient enough to my works .

When it is writing .avi file to a disc using 'NERO 6' it doesn't need file to be manually converted using third party converter like 'Total Video Convertor'. NERO automatically encode the file and then write it to the disc, but i cannot merge a subtitle file(.srt) with NERO to a movie.

Early days I used 'Total Video Converter (TVC) ' to merge .srt file to .avi file. I just wanted to merge .srt file to .avi file and then write that file to a disc using NERO, but with TVC the .avi file is merged with .srt file while .avi file is being converted to another format like .mpeg(In latest versions of TVC we have option to select .srt file to be merged, then conversion and merge will take place at same time).

Now Im asking is there any way to merge .srt file to movie with NERO(in newer versions)?
    because it will be very simple than using another tool like a video converter.
    TVC is a very good option, but we need not any convertion since NERO doing encoding very well with good quality.

Thanks in advance,
    Dilan Alex.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Are you converting to dvd-video or just burning the avi as a data disc?

If you want burned in subtitles YOU must reconvert the video. You can mux srt and avi using avimuxgui but it might not work on all divx dvd-players or software players.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No I don't want to convert. i just want want to know is there any way to merge .srt file with .avi file while it is being written to the disc(I write it as VCD using 'NERO').

If I want to do both convert and merge, definitely ill use Total Video Convertor.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by dilanalex
    No I don't want to convert. i just want want to know is there any way to merge .srt file with .avi file while it is being written to the disc(I write it as VCD using 'NERO').
    If I want to do both convert and merge, definitely ill use Total Video Convertor.
    If you're writing an AVI as "VCD", then you are certainly converting.

Or do you mean you're writing the AVI as data to a CDR?

-- If there is a long processing time, you're converting. Just copying the AVI will take a couple of minutes.

Many players that play AVI files will read an SRT file with the same name (i.e. moviename.avi and moviename.srt) and use it if you put them both in the root directory.
    Quote Quote