VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    So I've used DGA and now I'm in Avisynth script creator.

All I really need to do is change my FPS and re-encode to make it Blu Ray compliant so I can build my Blu Ray with TS Muxer.

Right now the script is exactly as follows:

AVCSource("H:\Basketball\2008 NCAAB\mp4_track1.dga")
    #deinterlace
    #crop
    #resize
    #denoise

I found this thread;

https://forum.videohelp.com/topic351609.html

But where EXACTLY should I copy and paste that ChangeFPS to and what should my script look like?
    Quote Quote  
  2. You can put it right after AVCSource()

Another method is to edit the .dga file

But... you haven't described why you are doing this or provided any additional information. ChangeFPS will delete or dup frames, so you might get choppy results or A/V desync

What is wrong with the normal FPS, and why are you changing it?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray
    You can put it right after AVCSource()

Another method is to edit the .dga file

But... you haven't described why you are doing this or provided any additional information. ChangeFPS will delete or dup frames, so you might get choppy results or A/V desync

What is wrong with the normal FPS, and why are you changing it?
    Well, I used MeGUI to encode some HDTV I recorded, deinterlaced with TDeint + Bob, changing the FPS from the original broadcast of 30fps to 60fps. I used TSMuxer to create a Blu Ray disk, burned it to a regular DVD (AVCHD). The encode is Level 4.1 compliant and is within the parameters of the Blu Ray specifications. I've done this before and have had success with turning .mkv's into AVCHD's for playback on my Blu Ray player.

So I think what's throwing my player off is the non-standard fps.

So it should look like this?

#ChangeFPS=29.97
    #deinterlace
    #crop
    #resize
    #denoise

??
    Quote Quote  
  4. AVCSource("H:\Basketball\2008 NCAAB\mp4_track1.dga")
    ChangeFPS(29.97)

Everything to the right of a hash mark is a comment.

# This is a comment and does nothing in AviSynth. It's just informative.
    ChangeFPS(29.97)
    Quote Quote  
  5. You should probably deinterlace before changing the fps

TDeint(mode=1,order=1)
    ChangeFPS(29.97)

However, 1080p30 (or 29.97) technically isn't compliant for an avchd disc, although some players with some versions of firmware may accept non compliant streams

http://www.avchd-info.org/format/index.html

Are you saying the original recording was 1080i30 ? Why are you re-encoding it? Are you sure the original AVC recording is non-compliant to begin with? What method/software/device are you using to record?

To be safe, I would either keep it the same, or use 720p60, the latter might be a good choice for sports footage

The AVC level issue is just one thing; you need the proper VBV values, reference frames, GOP size, b-frames etc... for compliance. There is an AVCHD preset for MeGUI

Also, I wouldn't use DGAVCDec in it's current form on interlaced or mbaff AVC content - it still uses an old version of libavcodec that has issues and you will get big macroblocks & pixellation. Instead, I would use DirectShowSource(), haali splitter, and a current version of ffdshow (or coreavc, or divx h264 decoder)
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I took a 15GB .ts 1080i30 source and encoded it to 720p60 .mkv with .ac3 audio maintained. I used the Tdeint + Bob deinterlace setting in Avisynth, and the DXVA preset in MeGUI when encoding. I just downloaded a new profile set and will attempt to re-encode the extracted h.264 file from the .mkv, using this preset in MeGUI:

'Standalone-AVC-HD'; http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=139765

Foolishly, I deleted my 15GB source.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Yes the normal DXVA-HD preset won't work - wrong keyint and wrong VBV buffer.

So you are re-encoding 720p60 with incompatible settings to 720p60 ? Note that 720p30 technically isn't compatible within specs either (it will play on PS3)

Not that there is anything you can do about it at this point, but I would double check your 720p60 video for the macroblock artifacts caused by DGAVCDec.

In the future I would use DirectShowSource() as explained above.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Correct. Going from 720p60 incompatible to 720p60 compatible using that AVCHD preset.

So really if it's already 720p60 (the incompatible file I'm encoding), I really don't need to change anything in Avisynth. All that needs to be changed is the preset in MeGUI when I encode.

For future reference, how do I create an Avisynth script of h.264 content using DirectShowSource? I'm a little accustomed to using the toolset in MeGUI; I've been using D2V creator for my MPEG-2 content for a long time now.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by karpodiem

For future reference, how do I create an Avisynth script of h.264 content using DirectShowSource? I'm a little accustomed to using the toolset in MeGUI; I've been using D2V creator for my MPEG-2 content for a long time now.
    DGMPGDec for MPEG2 content is fine. DGAVCDec for interlaced/MBAFF AVC content is not.

You didn't specify if your original source was MPEG2 or AVC , but now I understand you are encoding AVC=>AVC in a 2nd step (wasn't clear in your inital post). If it's MPEG2, just carry on using the d2v creator. If it's interlaced AVC, then create a text file and rename the extension to .avs

DirectShowSource("video.ts")

For your current situation, using DGAVCDec is fine, because your new source input is 720p60.

You can use multavchd or tsmuxer to author the disc, but for the newest versions of tsmuxer, you need to specify avchd, not blu-ray.
    Quote Quote