VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello, I'm using Windows Vista Ultimate operating system. I have two video cards both ATI Sapphire (can enable crossfire but don't). I have setup a monitor and a projector as two seperate displays (forgot the term for this but I can have up to four split displays). I previously had a TV setup instead of this monitor and at that time my projector displayed perfectly, when I ditched the TV and went with this monitor (20" IBM) I had to end up changed all my settings and starting over. Well, now no matter how I change my settings in the ATI control center, my projector seems to be "zoomed" in. That is, the desktop picture only shows part of the image and is blurry, when I drag, let's say a movie, it used to come up the correct size - i.e. a 720p movie would just take up the whole screen... Well now, when I drag even a DVD quality movie it takes up way more than the screen of the projector. It still looks okay when I'm able to snap the movie to fullscreen, but images, and menus look like crap and are close up and blurry. When the projector starts up, it is so hard to read as compared to before, but it looks like it still says 720px60 hertz. I would think this is a stupid Windows type problem or maybe even though the projector and monitor are on seperate video cards, they can't handle the additional resolutions as the TV I was using before was just a crap old 19" analog. I can provide additional info as needed. Some help woud be GREAT, I'd rather not have to go through everything again and again. Thank you so much.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    go to the catalyst control center and find the overscan/underscan settings..you'll see a slider bar that goes from 0 to 15...change that till it's pixel perfect on your projector.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Any idea what menu that would be under? Or if there is another name for it? So far, I have not seen it anywhere.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    "Cropping" maybe.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote