VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    Can anyone assist with a problem I am having.
    I need to add sporting score sheets to the time line.
    These are obtained typically from web based tables with the results and marks.
    I then copy and paste into MS Word or Power Point (what ever ..)
    I then take a screen shot to covert to .bmp or .jpg.
    At this stage everything looks fine.
    When adding the bitmap or jpeg to the time line, the quality diminishes drastically.
    If the table has many fields and columns, by the time the avi is authored to DVD (PAL – usually 16x9), it is unreadable.
    I use Pinnacle most of the time, dropping onto Sony Vegas Pro8 time line is slightly better .. but only just -no good enough at the end of the day.
    Any suggestions where I am going wrong ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You have 720 pixels across, by 576 pixels down in which to work. When you translate this to a table full of text, you get crap. There simply isn't enough detail on the screen to present a lot of facts and figures clearly.

Add to this the weird intermediate step of pasting into Word first, and you are asking for trouble.

You need to put less detail per screen, so your text is bigger. You should work directly into a graphics program or your editor, instead of working in word or powerpoint and then taking screenshots. However if you must do this, take a screen shot, then paste it into an empty image that is 1024 x 576 pixels in size using Paint.net (or photoshop or gimp - whatever you normal use for stills). Do not resize it, but simple look at what fits. That is all you have to play with - minus safe zones, of course.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks guns1inger .. i will look into your advice. .. Yes ! safe zones also add to the problem.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    A big thanks to guns1inger .. going straight to Paint.net (720x576) made a huge improvement.

PS! i was using Word to change the table background, font etc. but a screen capture directly from the website showing the marks/scores straight into Paint "as-is" is a far better option.

Thx for the advice.
    Quote Quote