VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I have scanned an 8x10 picture and printed a 4x6 picture in the print service. But, the picture has been cut a little in the edge. I was told it is due to the size of the original picture is too large. The machine automatically cut the edge. I have tried to reduce the size of the picture to 4x4 by zooming out and then saved it. But, the print machine still cut the same edge of the picture. It seemed zoom out does not work. Does anyone know how to fit the larger size picture to the smaller size for print without losing the edge of the image?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Add an inch of black to both sides of the 10 to make it 8x12. Then it can be resized to 4x6 without losing anything.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Do you mean to add an inch of black to the side of the picture? If so, the picture will lose some image on the side it, right? I do not want to lose any image in the picture but just want to reduce or compress it to fit the smaller size for print. Any good ideas?
    Quote Quote  
  4. For printing add white instead of black.

Your printing software should have the ability to print the entire picture within the sheet of paper regardless of image size. Look for such a print option.
    Quote Quote  
  5. your choices are: lose a little picture edge, add a bit of border(it can be just blank white unused paper), or compress the picture to 4x6 with a change in aspect ratio which will result in either tall and skinny or short and fat objects depending on the picture's orientation.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    this has nothing to do with the size of the picture, but the aspect ratio. This should really be common sense...you can't print an image with a 1:1.25 aspect ratio to a 1:1.5 aspect ratio medium without a) a border or b) a bit of the image being cropped off.

you are attempting to fit a square peg in a round hole. I can provide pictures with coloring areas if you would like.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for all comments. They are helpful. I intend to get the Paint ShopPro Photo to edit it. Do you know whether the resize function (as well as found in Win XP) can reduce the size of the picture for print smaller size of the picture without losing the quality?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Get Irfanview, a free image viewer. It has a lot of useful functions, and particularly its print options let you scale an image to fit, add margins, etc.
    Quote Quote