VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi guys, I have a signs and symbols subtitle file that I modified (.srt) for an anime that I would like to combine with it (.ogm and .mkv) the only problem with this is that even though I named the file "English signs and symbols" it still comes out "English" in MPC or in any other .mkv worthy media player. The problem with this is that there is already another subtitle file in there named "English."

So now I have 2 named english... one that is actually english and one that is just subtitled signs and symbols, so my question is this: how do I rename the file that I modified so it doesn't say "English" but instead says "signs and symbols?"

Please help!

Thanks alot,
    Shukero
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Even though the filename is "English signs and symbols", the stream name
    (or the language ID, whichever is the correct one) inside the MKV container is "English".
    Probably you'll have to remux your MKV in order to fix the problem
    (you can choose between MKVmerge or AVI-Mux GUI).
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Wow, that was quick, I have an image of the problem I am having here it is:

The only problem with your solution is that I'm using BOTH .ogm's and .mkv's so does this program work with both? I am remuxing it with vdubmod by taking the direct streams and saving it that way. Is there a way for me to remux them using vdubmod?

*Edit I just tried avi-mux and it doesn't seem to want to work on vista keeps saying it stopped working.

**Double Edit** Thanks sooo much man! I used mkvmerge gui and it worked great! I didn't know that the same people that made the mkvdemuxer made a mkvmucer lol, but now that I think about it, that would sound logical ^_^ thanks again!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    AVI-MUX Gui requires the "Windows XP compatibility mode" to work under Vista.
    **Double Edit** Thanks sooo much man! I used mkvmerge gui and it worked great! I didn't know that the same people that made the mkvdemuxer made a mkvmucer lol, but now that I think about it, that would sound logical ^_^ thanks again!
    You're welcome.
    Quote Quote