VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I recently installed DVD FLICK 1.3.06.

I read that it could convert X264 and MKV files to dvd, but it didn't say that it would take upwards of 4 hours to convert and burn.

I am also using ConvertXtoDVD and no where is it taking this long.

Am I doing somethign wrong here or are more users of DVD FLICK encountering the same problems?

Please help!

sm173
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What problem ?

Different programs use different encoding engines and different methods. Some are tuned for speed over quality. Others put quality first. Speed and quality rarely go together.

If your (incomplete and in parts very wrong) computer details are correct then you have an older computer, which is going to encode slowly anyway.

Also, which version of ConvertXtoDVD are you using ? Older versions are faster than the newer versions.

Which settings are you using ? ConvertXtoDVD has faster modes which produce lower quality output.

However so far you haven't actually described a problem with DVD Flick.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you have CXD there is no real reason to use DVD Flick anyway. Flick is a decent free solution, but CXD (especially version 3) is a superior program, with many more options, and which to these old eyes also produces better picture quality.
    Quote Quote