VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm new to subtitles. I have purchased a WinTv Card and would like to record tv with subtitles so i can stream this across our network for teachers. Teacher request a recording these then can be put on our intranet site for them to play.

We have a hearing impared unit here to all our subtitles need allways to be displayed when showing any dvd or video.

So i would like to use the free windows streaming services so the file format needs to be a wmv

At the moment i'm recording in a ts format which contains the subtitles. I need these subtitles to be embeded and the media converted to a wmv. HOW CAN I DO THIS ! ELP !!

ManY Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Using only free tools:

Extract the subtitles from the ts using projectx.

Embed the subs using avidemux, open ts file, under video choose a codec like dv, click on filters to add the subtitle filter and load the extracted subtitle, under audio choose wav pcm, save as an avi. Convert the avi to wmv using windows media encoder or windows movie maker.

You can also add hard subtitles to video using autogk, xvid4psp, mediacoder, virtualdub-mpeg2(with subtitle filter) if avidemux wont work. They can't convert to wmv directly though so you must convert twice or frameserve(if possible).
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    What kind subs do you get from projectx? If you don't know open the sub file in notepad and copy and paste a short bit here.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I can get the .sub file and the .sub. None want to open in notepad. I get a loads of rubbish like.

SP Â Î ¯8ýu” 8ýu” ect

does the help Many Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    .sup and . sub file sorry
    Quote Quote