VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm doing this video that will be previewed on LCD TV, I don't know exact make, but it's 40" or something inches diagonal and it's a model from 2006...I honestly don't know the brand

Thing is, I'm editing a clip in AE

Settings are PAL D1 DV Widescreen preset, 720*576, PAR = D1 DV Pal widescreen 1,42

First question - is that LCD TV possibly square pixeled? Or should I do it like I'm doing it now, with 16:9 AR ?

And another thing - when I flip the PAR correction in AE, so the circle I'm drawing looks like circle not an egg, th quality is already...low...it looks like I resized a jpeg picture to bigger resolution...

why is that? My rendering is set to full...
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by Mylo
    I'm doing this video that will be previewed on LCD TV, I don't know exact make, but it's 40" or something inches diagonal and it's a model from 2006...I honestly don't know the brand

Thing is, I'm editing a clip in AE

Settings are PAL D1 DV Widescreen preset, 720*576, PAR = D1 DV Pal widescreen 1,42

First question - is that LCD TV possibly square pixeled? Or should I do it like I'm doing it now, with 16:9 AR ?
    What is the video going to be viewed? DVD? DV camcorder? Then you should leave it like it is. If you are going to use some HD player you can resize to a 16:9 frame size with square pixels.

Originally Posted by Mylo
    And another thing - when I flip the PAR correction in AE, so the circle I'm drawing looks like circle not an egg, th quality is already...low...it looks like I resized a jpeg picture to bigger resolution...

why is that?
    Because you are stretching a 720x576 image to 1024x576 to correct the AR.
    Quote Quote