VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,

I'm using TMPGEnc Authoring Works 4 to create a DVD containing Music videos. Since not all of the videos are the same format (interlaced or progressiv, 16:9 or 4:3) I had to split them up into different tracks. If a track contains more then 1 song, I created a chapter for each song.
    In the end I've got 3 tracks with about 14 chapters (=14 songs) in total

I want to create just 1 menu, with this 14 chapters to choose from. How to do this with TMPGEnc?

The usual method of TMPG is creating a main menu (with links to my 3 tracks) and for each track a title menu (with the chapters/songs) but as I said, I just want 1 menu for all my songs.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Fast and Dirty -- Just Author /Create each song in its own title -- then a simple menu to switch between titles
    Otherwise you have to edit the Tmpg menu and add pgc's (by hand) to each title and use a gprm to switch (tedious)
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I already thought of this method too.
    But isn't there the possibility to create a custom menu within TMPG (textbuttons and pictures) and define what chapters these elements are linking too?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I also use TMPGEnc Authoring Works 4. I want to make a firstplay, that would be a trailer but can be skipped using the remote of my dvd player.

But if i use the firstplay track in TMPGEnc after burning i cannot use the skip button, instead i must wait before it reaches the main menu. is there any settings i can do to TMPGEnc?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Reini Not really -- Basically Tmpg uses a simple template system
    you cant really jump intra vts (chapter to chapter) without going through the video_ts menu or pgc's within it
    It could be done in say in Dvdlab
    The 14 titleset model would work With buttons or text with a play all
    though there might be a slight pause between title playback

the only other way would be to reauthor your source's into the one format and edit them together with chapter breaks into 1 vts -- then let tmpg do its thing
    Quote Quote