VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i want to convert mkv files to avi hardsub, so i do things the easy way by using aimersoft video converter & cucusoft ultimate video converter. The problem is when the mkv files have more than one audio track (subs too), when i use aimersoft or cucusoft to convert the mkv files to avi hardsub, it automatically selects audio track 1 (there's no option to choose which audio track to keep and which to delete). So i am looking for a method to delete an audio track on a mkv file while keeping the other audio track and subs untouched.

EXAMPLE:

sailormoon.mkv

audio track 1 - english
    audio track 2 - japanese

subtitle 1 - japanese
    subtitle 2 - english

i want to keep "audio track 2 - japanese" with "subtitle 2 - english." that way converting the mkv to avi with aimersoft or cucusoft will be easier.

also, when making subtitles for movies, there seems to be ways to make subtitles "colorful and pretty, not just some boring Arial text." here's the question, if i need to re-encode the mkv files (and they contain the "colorful and pretty"), will i lose the subtitle design?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    try mkvtoolnix.
    Quote Quote  
  3. May I suggest QAC? Although it does not listed correctly in the tools section and for long time it was featured with some spiteful offensive comments, among other conversions it does exactly that your looking for.

Especially if you have installed and properly configured the ffdshow filter, most likely you would not need to worry about the source MKV video format. Otherwise only mkv source with AVC video format will be successful.
    Quote Quote