VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have an audio recording in WAV format that was recorded directly off a soundboard.

My problem is it has an annoying "ungrounded buzz" thru-out the entire audio track.

What software can I use to reduce this buzz & still keep it in the WAV format? I'd prefer a freeware option if possible.
    Quote Quote  
  2. the free audio editor audacity might be worth a try. it has hum and hiss removal.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If it is a constant noise, try the noise removel filter in audacity. You sample a short section that is just the buzz, then use this to clean the rest of the track
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  4. OK. thought i'd report back.

i tried Audacity's noise reduction. it sampled the "buzz" then removed that frequency thru-out the whole audio track. it made the voices of the muscial i'm putting together sound synthesized. a very odd sound. didnt like the results.

i then tried WAVPad. it removed the "buzz" during all the silent gaps in the audio track, but left the "buzz" whenever audio was present. the results sounded much better than Audacity's results. Even though there is still "buzz" its much less noticeable since you dont hear it during the silent gaps.

i guess this is pretty much as good as it gets without having to spend $$$ on a complex software package.

if anyone has any other thoughts, chime in.....
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I do not think there is much you can do about this, to not to affect rest of the audio, with any software.
    You can try, if software you have will allow that, get that frequency range and not to remove it completely, just make it less loud.
    Quote Quote