VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    So I was wondering are Wave form audio files the same thing as pcm audio files for dvd authoring? And I suppose now the same for Bluray authoring?

Also was WAV a Microsoft creation or was this created by some conglomerate like jpeg (joint picture expert group) and mpeg?

I know that you can use 48khz wav to make a standard dvd without using dolby digital or mp2 audio. I also know that pcm audio is very common on concert dvds to produce high quality stereo tracks in addition to 5.1 dolby. So is there any difference between a stereo wav dvd track you make yourself and a professional pcm audio track on something like a concert dvd? Obviously the source material will be the main difference. But technically speaking are they same thing?
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  2. WAV is a container like AVI. It can contain uncompressed (PCM) audio as well as audio compressed with any audio codec.

WAV is an MS spec.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @jagabo - ah thanks. That was something I did not know about wav.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote