VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. noelsoasis
    can anybody help me to get rid of these annoying lines that appear in my captured file every now and again? here is a sample

i have defragged my hard drive im capturing to, also everything is is DMA mode. im using virtualdub and capturing using huffy codec. thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. noelsoasis
    bump. any help would be grateful guys
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You did not mention the hardware method of capture or video file format. By the "V" in the picture, it appears that your source is either cable or satellite programming. Thus, the lines may have be artifacts that occurred during transmission. (V-channel originates in Hong Kong, doesn't it? I may be wrong...) Are you certain the lines showed up only after capture?

A bit more info would be helpful.
    Quote Quote  
  4. noelsoasis
    just capturing cable TV though a pci analogue capture card. the lines show up during the capture process, but they don't show on my TV (when im watching tv) so it cant be the source. must be a hardware problem.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I had this exact same problem. Got those lines only when capturing.
    It turned out in my case to be the cheap VIA chipset based motherboard I was using (for my Pentium 4 HT CPU). I solved the problem eventually - buying an intel chipset motherboard instead which was also quite cheap.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    A long time ago, I had a Matrox capture card running under Windows 98SE. It had a similar problem but the line was always green. It was always a horizontal line of variable length, occuring at different locations and random. Went to the Matrox forums and found others were having the same issue. Matrox RMA'd the card and the replacement card was fine.

I would try to find a forum specifically for your capture card and see if others are experiencing the same problem.

creakndale
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The card may be overheating.

Are you one of those people who runs your computer 24/7 ?
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote