VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok So I recently got a Sony HDR-SR12, which records in HD [AVCHD] and outputs to .MTS
    So when I bring the .mts video files onto my desktop, I have tried many methods to play it, but nothing works!
    I have h.264 codecs and installed community codec pack and all.
    The video opens and plays a little, then either lags like crazy/stops/or is very badly out of sync.
    Help please, thanks. =]
    The software provided with the camera is only for pictures and is basically bs like all software provided.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    How fast/powerful are the CPU and the video card of your computer

%%%
    Quote Quote  
  3. computer specs?

If you use something like kmplayer or vlc , they will include all splitters & decoders internally. If you use a directshow player like mpc or wmp you need to install something extra like haali media splitter & an h.264 decoder activated (e.g. ffdshow, coreavc, divx h.264). CCCP should do this all for you, which suggests your pc is old/slow

If you have a dxva compatible video card, you could use it to accelerate with mpc-hc, and play back properly even on old pc's
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    1.8 GHZ
    1GB RAM
    Video Card: ATI XPRESS 200m
    -------------
    Is AVCHD that good, that is lags cz of my specs? lol.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by 4ce
    1.8 GHZ
    1GB RAM
    Video Card: ATI XPRESS 200m
    -------------
    Is AVCHD that good, that is lags cz of my specs? lol.
    If your machine is a "single-core" 1.8GHz unit, then yes, that might be an issue.
    Also, insufficient memory, and/or other "heavy" processes trying to run during
    the media playback, could explain your difficulties with Hi-Def&&Hi-Performance video.

%%%
    Quote Quote