VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I just installed a Nvidia Geforce 6200 256 mg video card. Seems alright. A friend sent me the link for this 93.81 driver for it, and everything works great except that I can't watch my Burn Notice now. Come to think of it, I just noticed the driver said its for windows XP and I have windows 2000...but that wouldn';t make a difference...right?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It's not a driver issue, it's a video codec issue. You likely simply need to reinstall the codec used in your avi files. You can check you files using a program such as gspot. Or you can install/reinstall a player such as VLC or MPC.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  3. What do you mean you can't watch AVI files? What happens when you try to play one? Do you get an error message? Do you get a black (or some other color) window the size of the video with only audio? Do you get audio only? What player are you using?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yay I took care of it! I just downloaded a new driver and it worked fine.

What was going on before was it would freeze up for like 5minutes, then load the file, and play just the sound with a black screen, and the sound was all choppy and comp would barely run. I actually tried reinstalling all my different players and that didn't help. Finally after writing this post it occurred to me to try the driver. It worked!
    Quote Quote