VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Topic. Is there a way to do this? If so, what is the best and easiest way? I keep getting the "Can't watch this clip in your area" BS!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You might be able to do it if you use a US proxy server, or something like TOR with a US proxy.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. *** DIGITIZING VHS / ANALOG VIDEOS SINCE 2001**** GEAR: JVC HR-S7700MS, TOSHIBA V733EF AND MORE
    Quote Quote  
  4. Aye, it's annoying to support "our" local PBS station yet be unable to watch video clips on the website. A pox on nationalism!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    When I use vtunnel.com, it still wont play the video. The difference is that the "Can't watch this clip in you're area" doesn't come it - it just kinda freezes before anything comes up. Is there a setting in my browser that I have to change?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Anyone know how to do this properly?
    Quote Quote  
  7. i think vtunnel has problems with flash or deliberately send you the "download flash plugin" (if u experienced this pb) but i know it did work for me once or twice for videos on mtv.com
    *** DIGITIZING VHS / ANALOG VIDEOS SINCE 2001**** GEAR: JVC HR-S7700MS, TOSHIBA V733EF AND MORE
    Quote Quote  
  8. I suggest you use free Hotspot shield:
    http://hotspotshield.com/
    I have asked questions about this software (on videohelp.com), but unfortunately, nobody could answer my questions.
    I can tell you that Hotspot is a VPN, a medicine much much more serious than a proxy. (In my observation) a proxy only affects your browser, but a VPN affects your whole computer, including all downloading, torrents and p2p like emule.
    Hotspot is adware, and will affect your computer, even when Hotspot is turned off. When I start Hotspot, the computer fan slows down and the hard disk makes a lot of noise, indicating high cpu usage. Unfortunately, I haven't found any other vpn that is free (does anybody know if there are other free VPN's)? However, where I am, Hotspot is the only way I can use torrents or emule, or listen/watch streaming content on censored or restricted ( by geographical location) websites (like Pandora.com).
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by jimdagys
    Unfortunately, I haven't found any other vpn that is free (does anybody know if there are other free VPN's)?
    Here

never tested but you may try & report
    *** DIGITIZING VHS / ANALOG VIDEOS SINCE 2001**** GEAR: JVC HR-S7700MS, TOSHIBA V733EF AND MORE
    Quote Quote  
  10. Thanks for the link to that other vpn. I see it requires the .Net Framework3 thingy. I'll check it out when I'm finished doing some encoding.
    I do have a question about Hotspot. I installed it on 1 computer, and as soon as I installed it (did NOT run it), the internet connection was immediately cut off. Uninstalling Hotspot resulted in immediately reconnecting the internet. I repeated this procedure and got the same results. I was running 2 computers via a switch on the same internet cable, but the other computer was NOT cut off from the internet. VERY STRANGE.
    Question #1: Why did just installing Hotspot result in the internet being cut off on that 1 computer? And not the other computer?
    After you install Hotspot, it will appear in the list (see red circle in screenshot).
    Question #2: Why does installing Hotspot put a Hotspot entry in this list? What significance does this have?
    Thanks for any insight on this topic.

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hotspot would appear to have it's own network drivers and protocol for the VPN, which is not unusual and is why it appears in the protocols list. As to why it blocks the internet on the machine it is installed on - I would suggest configuration issues. There is little useful information on their website, but likely problems include having to port forward your router for Hotspot traffic.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Thanks for the reply. I will "port forward my router" when monkeys can talk. There is a Huawei Quidway router in a locked room that I have no access to.
    Quote Quote