VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi all,
    I'm trying to figure out what I need to record the "visualizations" that windows media player plays when you play an audio file or cd. (the bars and waves and stuff that moves to the beat.) I want to burn the song and those graphics to DVD to play at a party.

I'm using windows Vista Home Premium. Don't know what else you might need to know. Prefer freeware! but will pay.

Thanks!
    ken
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    https://www.videohelp.com/tools/sections/desktop-screen-capture

Amazing what you get using the search box...
    I just hookup my Laptop to my big screen and extend or clone both screens... 8)
    " Who needs Google, my wife knows everything"
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Actually, your best bet would be to connect a desktop or laptop to the screen (tv or projector) so that you get the full effect. They're made to go in sync with the music.

If you just want some visualizations, there's plenty of free ones on the web. Look for "video loops".
    Quote Quote  
  4. Hi, Thanks for the response. Are you recommending the first item, I think it was called Camshare? It says it captures and saves to AVI format. Can I burn that to DVD? or do I need to convert that? I'm using Vegas Movie Studio.

If I'm correct, would I play that whole cd in the media player and this program should capture the effects Windows Media Player creates, then I could take the AVI file and burn that to DVD?

Thanks very much!
    Ken
    Quote Quote  
  5. Hi Supreme, thanks for your help! Yeah, that would be best but not really possible. I have to play from the DVD player. We've got all the T.V.'s in the bar room set up to play from the DVD player. What I was looking to do was take a few select C.D.'s, and burn the to DVD with these visualizations. Not possible? I will check out the loops though, that will be a good alternative! if I can't get it going.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    http://www.stevengotz.com/video.htm has a ton of links for free loops.
    Quote Quote