VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

Can some kindly recommend a free ware that will allow me to burn RMVB file to DVD to play on standard DVD player.

Thanks
    Thank You
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    RMVB is pretty hit and miss. Try SUPER or Media Coder. Some people recommend WinAVI, but I can't really recommend installing that on any system.

ConvertXtoDVD is also supposed to be able to do it, but again, success can vary from clip to clip
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi guns1inger,

Pls kindly help me out with the settings.

I have entered the video and audio settings with the aid of the Analysis Tool on Super but I am unsure if I got them correct.

See pic using the link below:
    http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3562/3349760031_250dcde36e_o.jpg
    (You can zoom)

Its a RMVB file and I wanna convert it and burn onto a DVD to play on a standard DVD player.

After Super encodes, does it burn to DVD?
    Or do I have to use another software`to burn to DVD?

Thank You!
    Thank You
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    According to the Info in your image, the file is a standard Divx/MP3, so you should be able to do this with some thing better than SUPER. DVD Flick or FAVC or AVSTODVD will do a better job with less guesswork on your part.

That said, the numbers need some work. Resolution is OK. Aspect Ratio should be 16:9 for this video. The video bitrate needs to be much higher. Use a bitrate calculator to workout what it should be. I would also increase the audio bitrate to 192 kbps.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by guns1inger
    That said, the numbers need some work. Resolution is OK. Aspect Ratio should be 16:9 for this video.
    I don't think that number represents the DAR. 11 into 704 and 9 into 576 are both 64. Does that make it the SAR? If he had done it for 720x576 I think he would have gotten 5:4. Whether to encode for 4:3 or 16:9 must be somewhere else. Or maybe there's no choice. I don't use Super, so I wouldn't know. And like you said, the bitrates, especially for the video, are way too low.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi guns1inger & manono,

Erm bitrate calculator? Where do I get that?

Does that mean if I use DVD Flick, DVD Flick will detect the settings and I don't have to make any changes?

Thanks.
    Thank You
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The tools section has bitrate calculators, including an online one hosted by this site.

If DVD Flick can read the video, it will sort all this for you.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks guns1inger
    Thank You
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I imagine with a resolution of 672x288, the closest "fit" that is DvD compliant would indeed be 16:9. It won't be perfect, especially with alot of black in the encode to avoid distortion, but it will work.

Something like this would need AviSynth to make it as presentable as possible. A "swiss army knife" app wouldn't produce the best result.

As I don't work with RMVB, I'm not sure though if, or how, AviSynth would decode these streams.
    I hate VHS. I always did.
    Quote Quote