VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sometimes when copying a Blu-Ray movie to my hard drive (because it's my God given right to do so) using AnyDvD, the language comes out in either French or Spanish. Not English as I have set as my default language.
    Is there any way of fixing this problemo?
    Thanks
    I'm a victim of circumstance
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You could rip the BD to your hard drive with AnyDVD, then use tsMuxeR to select the correct video and audio tracks, then mux them to a new file. I have to do that with some BD discs. Most audio tracks are labeled with what they are. (Directors cut, etc., and the audio format and language.) The main movie is generally the largest .m2ts file, but you can check with something like VLC player. You can also use eac3to convert the audio to a different format as needed.

I usually convert the tsMuxeR output to MKV with RiPBot as the next step. I don't want to use ~30GB of HDD space for a movie that I already have on BD.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have never heard of or tried TsMuxer. I will give it a shot and see what happens.
    I keep the files on my hard drive just long enough to burn them to disk and then delete the movie from the hdd.
    Thanks for your help.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by tmgrood
    the language comes out in either French or Spanish.
    Because the master audio (True-HD/DTS-HD) is not supported in "file mode" when you play the ripped m2ts file(s), automatically will play the next available DD (ac3) stream that could be a different language or commentary, etc. An option is to convert the master audio to DD (ac3) for example with eac3to and mux it to a new m2ts with TSmuxeR with the video stream.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Seems like this stuff used to be so easy before blu-ray came along. Just pop in a movie and DVD Shrink it.
    I need to get more "up ot date" with this muxing and streaming.
    I always thought muxing was something you did with a girl behind the school gym.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    lol, muxing simply means joining, demuxing means extracting. Every movie is made of many different streams, one or two video streams, 1 or many audio streams, 1 or many subtitle streams, etc.

eac3to for example extracts and converts the master audio stream to a new .ac3 (DD) audio file.

TSmuxeR can import the main movie m2ts file, and will show you all the available streams in the file, delete everything, just leave the video stream, then add the previously created audio .ac3 file and with these 2 streams create a new m2ts file that will contain only the video and the converted audio streams.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for explaining.
    I have heard that movies have many different tracks. Finding the one in English is what I need to do.
    All everyone's help is very much appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Once you import the m2ts into tsmuxer or eac3to listing, you'll see the detailed list of all the tracks and languages that are available. The movie stream is usually the first 1080p video track, sometimes followed by 480p PiP commentary video track, and usually the next track is the master audio stream (DTS-HD/True-HD) followed by other DTS/DD audio streams for different laguages and commentary.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I have ran into a few BD discs where the main movie was split to two or more .m2ts files. Check the size of the largest .m2ts file, if it's smaller than about 20GB, check for a second part. You can also play a .m2ts file with VLC or MPCHC or a few other players. Check the end of the file and make sure the credits are there and you have the whole movie.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I usually find the biggest M2ts file, check it by playing part of it with Cyberlink Power DVD and if it is the whole movie, which it usualy is, I use WinAvi to make it into a playable DVD for my stand alone player.
    It makes the file small enough to put on one DVD most of the time but for some reason WinAvi does not want to work for me anymore therefore I am looking at other programs.
    I am worried about muxing audio because isn't there the chance of getting it out of sync with the movie?
    This all just shows how little I know about the whole process.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    There's always the possibility of getting the audio out of sync when muxing, so you want to check it at a couple of locations in the muxed file. I usually check at the halfway point and near the end of the movie. Muxing doesn't change the files, but sometimes a audio offset isn't included and that might cause sync problems. But that's rare.

WinAVI has a reputation for inconsistency, one reason most of us don't recommend it. It depends on what format you want to convert the BD file to for software converter recommendations.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    When just muxing different streams shouldn't cause audio sync problems. It could happen though when the movie is split up to many small files and when TSmuxeR joined 10+ little files together, but it was TSmuxeR's fault and the new versions that were released lately fixed the issues to my knowledge. Another reason when the audio could go out of sync if the video is re encoded with the wrong fps for example 24fps instead of 23.976fps, etc.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Okay folks. For some reason I have been trying TsMuxer and are still getting the outcome in French.
    I have even unchecked every box that is in a language other than english and it still comes in French.
    I did get a directors narration in english but of course dont want that.
    Of course I know I need to play with the program a little more and get to know it better plus I have only been working with it in the evenings after work and before bed.
    What I need is step by step instructions, a few homebrews and a woman who will mux with me. LOL
    Thanks again for all your help. You guys deserve medals.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by GeeForce11
    Because the master audio (True-HD/DTS-HD) is not supported in "file mode" when you play the ripped m2ts file(s)
    It means that PDVD for example won't play any master audio (DTS-HD/True-HD) stream from a file, only plays DD (ac3) audio streams, but it would play the master audio (DTS-HD/True-HD) only in "disc mode" from the disc or mounted image.

Did you convert the master audio? Try this:

Originally Posted by GeeForce11
    eac3to for example extracts and converts the master audio stream to a new .ac3 (DD) audio file.

TSmuxeR can import the main movie m2ts file, and will show you all the available streams in the file, delete everything, just leave the video stream, then add the previously created audio .ac3 file and with these 2 streams create a new m2ts file that will contain only the video and the converted audio streams.
    Here's a new eac3to GUI you can demux and convert in one step the master audio:
    http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=145574
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just curious, do these programs work with Vista 32bit?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    yes
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Great. I thought mabye that is what was giving me the problems but I guess not.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    GeeForce11

When you add a Blu Ray file to Tsmuxer it shows all video and audio tracks. If you highlight the True HD sound track and the video track you want then under "Output" select m2ts. If you click on and highlight the True HD sound track you've chosen then look right below at the General track options theres a box to check that will automatically down convert the sound.

Reelman472
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Reelman472
    If you click on and highlight the True HD sound track you've chosen then look right below at the General track options theres a box to check that will automatically down convert the sound.
    I just don't trust TSmuxeR to convert (encode) the master audio. It doesn't remove dialogue normalization, overlaps, etc. I simply trust eac3to to do a better job with the encoding.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Okay guys. I don't know what the heck is going on.
    I made a copy of Hellboy II on Blu Ray to my hard drive.
    The file that seemed to contain the whole move was HELLBOY2_D1\BDMV\STREAM\00220.m2ts
    So, when I play that file using Cyberlink Power DVD the audio seems to be a directors commentary. So I used TsMuxer to gather all the audio streams. I checked each box containing the english language seperately, demuxed them using TS muxing, M2Ts muxing, Create Blu-Ray disc and Demux. Some either did not have any sound track or they were narration.
    Neither one was the actual soundrack from the movie.
    Now I am stumped.
    I also tried using the eac3to GUI program that you guys have mentioned. It brought up a box where I would add the input file and output, then when I press convert it brings up a DOS command box which eventually says inoporable program or batch file.
    This is turning out to be a pain in the ass way of converting a simple Blu Ray movie to a standalone disk.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    tmgrood

"So, when I play that file using Cyberlink Power DVD the audio seems to be a directors commentary. So I used TsMuxer to gather all the audio streams. I checked each box containing the english language seperately, demuxed them using TS muxing, M2Ts muxing, Create Blu-Ray disc and Demux. Some either did not have any sound track or they were narration. "

Did you check the box to have Tsmuxer down convert the audio? This box only appears when you highlight the individual sountrack by clicking on it.

Reelman
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can do what reelman said in TSmuxeR when making a new m2ts, click on the master audio track and check the box that says "downconvert to ac3" and delete all the other streams but the video stream and click "m2ts muxing" "start muxing". Make sure to specify a different name than the input for the output file and the new m2ts file should have the correct sound when you play it. My preferred method is to convert the audio with eac3to, so if you start the eac3to GUI listed above, input the m2ts file, by the "track input and output format" select stream #2 or whichever is your master audio that you want (you'll see the listing and # of all the available streams in the m2ts file in the middle of the window), then select "ac3" from the list right next to the track # and click "add". By "Frequent parameters" type in "640" for example for 640kbps DD ac3 sound, click "add", then click "run command line" and it will create an .ac3 audio file for you what you import in TSmuxeR to create the new m2ts file with the video stream.

If you have time and want to play around a bit make the new m2ts both ways and compare the sound quality.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    [Did you check the box to have Tsmuxer down convert the audio? This box only appears when you highlight the individual sountrack by clicking on it.

Reelman[/quote]

Ye, I checked the box to down convert the audio and I can't remember if it came out as commentary or there was no audio but either way I know it didn't work which is why this is getting so frustrating.
    I was hoping maybe someone else has made a copy of this same movie and hoped to find out what they did to fix it.
    The same thing happened with Nims Island. It came out in French and any english came out as commentaries.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    tmgrood,

I'm at a loss here on how to help you. Your hardware is certainly up to the task. The method I outlined has worked on a hundred Blu Ray disks.

Rip the disk using AnyDVD HD.
    use BDinfo (shareware) to find the correct xxxx.m2ts file.
    load xxxx.m2ts file into Tsmuxer.
    select the correct video track
    select the audio track
    deselect everything else
    under output select m2ts
    highlight the audio track by clicking on it
    check the box to down convert (not necessary or available for every type of audio track)
    start muxing (5 or 6 minutes)

I don't bother with burning. I use a 1TB external hdd hooked to a WDTV HD that I output to the ole Sony HD. The hard disk holds about 50 HD movies. To burn 50 blu ray disks would cost between $200 to $250. The 1TB drive costs $125 - $150 and the price of the WDTV HD is $100 plus the cost of the HDMI cable. Hard drives are getting bigger and cheaper at the same time. One HDD takes up way less space than 50 blu ray disks.

Reelman
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Now that is the first time I have heard of using BDinfo. I will follow the step by step instructions you have written and try it out.
    Most like there is just one step that I am not doing right and it is screwing up everything.
    Your patience is appreciated and I have most the day to figure this out, outside of doing laundry of course. hehe.
    Even the six homebrews I drank while working on it last night didn't help.................but they didn't hurt either.
    Thanks again.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey Reelman, Since I still have had no luck with the Blu ray and converting it to DVD I just ordered a 1.5 TB External HDD by Seagate. It was on sale for about the same price as a 1 TB.
    I am pretty much going to go your route and appreciate everyone's help on this subject.
    You all deserve a 6'er of my homebrews. LOL
    Fer sure I will be back, asking more questions.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    tmgrood,

"Hey Reelman, Since I still have had no luck with the Blu ray and converting it to DVD I just ordered a 1.5 TB External HDD by Seagate. It was on sale for about the same price as a 1 TB.
    I am pretty much going to go your route and appreciate everyone's help on this subject. "

My method works well for my setup and it should work well for you to. Just remember my route still includes having to isolate the correct soundtrack. Are you still having trouble with that?

Reelman
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Here's a new eac3to GUI you can demux and convert in one step the master audio:
    http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=145574
    thank you
    http://www.gadget2u.co.nr/ Gadget News Report daily
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm going crazy with all the things you guys suggested to tmgrood
    No wonder tmgrood is going no where. Here is the SURE shot. it took me over a year to figure this out

I would not recomend to play BR via PC... It costs you too much to do so.
    Particular with DTS-HD or True-HD audio, because this type of audio only transmit via HDMI1.3A. To have this HDMI1.3A in your PC, it costs too much and rather complicated
    http://www.electronista.com/articles/08/06/05/asus.hdmi13a.soundcard/

Get a HD media player - good one with HDMI1.3A like limHD310S or EP6000B
    Receiver like TX-SR606 or similar that support DTS-HD/True_HD

Network your PC to HD player and connect HD player HDMI output to TX-SR606 or similar

Rip the BR and play it. Guarranty A/V is perfect. Now you want to save space to your HDD then compress the M2TS to MKV or TS container. Here is what you do

Demux the M2TS audio via TsMuxER
    Encode the M2TS with HandBrake or meGUI w/o audio
    Remux A/V together with MKVMerger or TsMuxER
    You will have a much smaller file, which can burn to a DVD-R or DL-DVD+R

For 5.1 Surround sound system:
    - DTS-HD you have rip DTS-core out of DST-HD by TsMuxER (must use version 1.8.4 or later)
    - True_HD you have to convert to AC3 with eAC3TO

BTW i would stay away from WDTV for now... it has lots of bugs with HD content, but if you want play DVD content then it;s perfefct.

When you get those HD player above, insist the SW bundle, it will solve a lots of your problem

Quote Quote