VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi guys !

First of all : I am running on Mac OSX 10.4.11.

I am working on a project that needs to be ready ASAP .I really suck at DVD authoring, I never got the chance to buy DVD Studio Pro, so I've used iDVD. I'm creating an SD DVD, the video source I am using is Apple HDV, and I was really depressed when I saw how ugly the compression made it look. Even at "Best Quality" setting, iDVD just doesn't seem to fill the whole disc, so it's ridicuously pixelated.

So what I decided to do was to create a disc image in Toast which allows user to set compression values. The resulting VOB files looks much sharper now. But I really wanted to keep my menu I worked so hard on in iDVD. So I tried replacing the VOB files in the iDVD image with the VOB files from the Toast image. (I also swapped BUP and IFO files).

Much to my surprise, everything works fine except one detail : when I go the chapter menu, it doesn't matter which chapter button I press : it all leads me to the first chapter ! I spent all day with myDVDedit trying to see what was the problem... I'm guessing it is something in the IFO files, but I really have no idea what.

The deadline for this project is tonight, Midnight (EST). Please help me, I'm really stuck here !!

Thanks a lot everyone!
    Quote Quote  
  2. chapters are in the IFO files from toast (the ones created with the vob files)
    so use them in your final dvd, and correct links with mydvdedit in menus

bye
    For DVD, iPad, HD, connected TV, … iMovie & FCPX? MovieConverter-Studio 3 (01/24/2015) - Handle your camcorder's videos? even in 60p or 60i? do a slow-motion? MovieCam.
    Quote Quote